• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

tiger trout

dubfish

Fairly rare. First, because you need a pretty good population of brook trout to make this happen and streams cold enough and pure enough to support brook trout are in limited supply (or at least those that also support introduced brown trout are rare). Then there's the genetic accident that has to happen. I've caught two of them in the course of more years than I want to acknowledge.

I caught a 13 inch tiger trout this weekend in Sout East Minnesota. Wow what a cool trout. Released it to swim again. Does anyone know how rare these trout are? What are the chances of having a naturally produced Tiger trout? I understand they can produce them a hatchery pertty regulary, but the stream I caught it out of hasn't been stocked in the last 5 years.

I have caught 3 of them. All from different streams. I haven't caught any in the last 15 years though. That might be due to the fact that I now fish the western part of SE MN vs the eastern portion most of the time. I think there are more streams with some brook trout in the far SE.

I caught two tiger trout last year and in my 10 years of trout fishing had never caught one before that. They were both only about 6 inches long and they were released and should be still roamin around a creek in SE MN. They are neat looking. A fella from stewartville caught one in mill creek five years ago that was somewhere around 20 inches and it was recorded as a state record if I remember correctly.