• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trout fishing on north shore

THfisher

I ve been trout fishing for a few years now,mostly on the upper gooseberry and knife river. I was wondering if anyone knew of knew of any other spots that produce brook trout from duluth up to grand marais. I know of the manitoua,temperance and cascade rivers but wouldnt know where to go on them.

Welcome to FM THfisher!

Add the Baptism, Caribou river to that list and you have some great brookie streams.

You can access all of those rivers and many others via the Superior Hiking Trail.

------------------
"Study to be quiet"

Welcome THfisher!

I second Renneberg on the Baptism. I fished inland by Finland (not trying to poeticize) and had a great time a few springs ago.

I spent a hard day on the Temperance learning where not to fish. That river has been pretty denuded of shade. However, I did catch my first stream trout ever in the pool near the lake.

Still, I would advise trying those other waters first.

Good Luck.