• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What is wrong with these guys?

fishin58

This is exactly why some say he slipped to where he actually got drafted. In his interviews with potential teams, he came across as being very "full of himself". I say let him sit as well...that 20 million or whatever his $$$ would be this year will not be on the table next year. I bet he'll get along with Singletary just great when and if he does show up.

It would be really hard to cheer for a kid like this now even if he did come to his senses.

A year out of the game will cost this kid a ton of money and he doesn't seem to realize it. He's getting some BAD advice somewhere.

If he sits out and reenters the draft every team will know what a headcase he is and his stock will drop. Even if everyone still rates his talent really highly many teams will pass on him because of his attitude. He'd be lucky to get redrafted anywhere in the first round.

And on top of that he'll be another year older and have 1 less year where he'll be physically able to collect an NFL paycheck.

He's likely digging the grave for his career if he doesn't wise up.

there should be a salary cap for all rookies and they should be forced to play for the team that drafts them, period. If the refuse, ban them from the NFL and tell them to take their Azzes to the CFL or the Arena league.

He'll sign it's just an attempt to get a few more bucks.

Hopefully this makes the NFL players and the Lawyers that represent them open their eyes and they finally realize in the next collective bargaining agreement that it needs to be tweaked and a salary cap for Rookies needs to be put in place..

Obviously the veteran players who have earned their contracts and money are being screwed by all the CASH the untested rookies are hording.

If he sits out and reenters the draft every team will know what a headcase he is and his stock will drop. Even if everyone still rates his talent really highly many teams will pass on him because of his attitude. He'd be lucky to get redrafted anywhere in the first round.

I could see a couple teams going after him if he re-enters the draft.

the rookie signing structure is ridiculous. NOWHERE, NOWHERE ELSE does an unproven person get paid more than the best player/worker at the company or team.

To see rookies make more money than the best player in the NFL is just ludicrous.

And Crabtree is an [PoorWordUsage]. Get your contract signed, you're talking about an extra million or two. Its already a TON of money, and if you get to camp, make a great impression, and get off to a good career, the dollars will flow that much easier when it comes time to re-negotiate

Look what a year out of football did for Mike Williams

If he sat out the year which isn't going to happen he'd be drafted at least as high next year.

The NFL teams don't make personal decisions especially on good young players because of some media driven non-sense started by an agent trying to get his client some more moola!

ok let me get this straight, oakland for the first time ever did a smart thing by passing on him and his giant attitude, kinda funny, people thought they were crazy for passing on him but they probably will come out ahead now.

I think there should be a cap on guaranteed money for rookies, then the rest should be incentive based. If he's such an all star go out there and prove it then we'll give you the 23.7 million. The player's union would never let this slide, but it makes sense to me. JMHO.

They should cap them. Or the NFLPA should get together and get their carp straight. It's ridiculous what these rooks can demand. I hope he spirals down into a nobody, nothing, or better yet, ends up in the CFL!!!!