• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Regulations??? Hay creek near Redwing.

dkhntr

I was out to Hay this morn. On the lower half (caught a fingerling). I would like to keep a 15+ incher if I get one. Just out for C/R till I get more into it. North end guys were catching 10+'s.

But I was wondering if there is any regulations on Hay (Redwing) That I should know. I cant find any. They have posted the new proposed, but I dont know of currant (this season) regs.

[This message has been edited by dkhntr (edited 04-17-2004).]

I did find ....

All trout must be immediatly returned to water in the 4.2 mile posted section. Winter season: Catch and release only Jan 1 to Mar 31 on a 7.6 mile posted section beginning at 325th bridge down stream to posted end point at the boundry of state forest land in section 12. All hooks must be barbless.

Ok, where exactly IS the 4.2 mile posted section? AND all hooks barbless. Is the the whole stream all year?

[This message has been edited by dkhntr (edited 04-17-2004).]

When you get to Hay Creek it is clearly marked by signs where its C/R. On the rest of the creek you can use barbed hooks, only C/R section you need barbless. HC needs all the c and r it can get due to a fish kill a few years back. Wells Creek near there is also worth walking down.