• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deer Season Information

It looks like most everything is finally posted on the DNR HSOforum. Here goes:

2008 Deer Harvest Report

2009 Regulations Book (full copy)

Fold out map of deer zones

2009 Deer Season Information <- This is expanded from what you see in the regulations. Basically, it's everything you never wanted to know. Since we can't fit a lot of information in the big book, various issues are expanded upon in this document.

2009 Deer Season FAQ <- I'm always looking for good (but reasonable) questions. If you have one and it's worth adding to the FAQ, feel free to post it here.

2009 Deer Area Designations (Colored Map)

I'll amend this post as needed but I'd prefer not answer the "why did DNR do that" questions here. If possible, I'd like to use it as a vehicle for members to download season information and improve (and then repost) the FAQ.

Thanks, always an enjoyable read for me. I find it interesting that we hit a 20 year low for resident license sales in 07, then a 90,000 jump in 08. Kind of strange, can't think why that happened.

Also noticed that both Archery and especially muzzleloader participation exploded last year.

Did the archery and MZ numbers jump up because of the change to the all season deer license or what ever it was called?

Exactly. Not so much a difference in people; rather, a difference in licenses. Now that people just buy the license for the season they want to hunt, there's a better handle on the number of people.

Thanks Lou for posting this.

EXTREMELY dissapointed in what has been done to SW MN hunting this year (Rock, Nobles, Pipestone and Murray), we will have every 1 1/2 year old buck shot up and even worse no automatic doe tag for youth and not even a doe tag lottery for archery let alone an automatic either sex tag. WOW, that's just harsh and IMHO very counter productive.

From what I've seen the deer numbers are not THAT low, they maybe aren't high but they aren't this drastically out of whack... I don't get it.

Thanks Lou for posting this.

EXTREMELY dissapointed in what has been done to SW MN hunting this year (Rock, Nobles, Pipestone and Murray), we will have every 1 1/2 year old buck shot up and even worse no automatic doe tag for youth and not even a doe tag lottery for archery let alone an automatic either sex tag. WOW, that's just harsh and IMHO very counter productive.

From what I've seen the deer numbers are not THAT low, they maybe aren't high but they aren't this drastically out of whack... I don't get it.

lawdog, I agree with you that the 1 1/2 year old bucks will take a serious hit but I'm curious what other alternative did the DNR have? Too many deer/does were getting shot because people were abusing the youth permits, so they had to restict all doe permits.

What would you suggest the DNR do?