• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Night fishing

fishtrapII

You can fish till 11pm for stream trout. Some real big browners are caught after dark, but casting can be a pain. I don't do it unless I'm realy familiar with the stream.

Night fishing for trout can be outstanding.

If you try it be sure to learn a strech of river very well before going out.

Don't forget to check the regs. book for the state you'll be fishing in. Every state has different regs.

------------------
"Study to be quiet"

Yeah, night fishing for trout definitely has it's rewards. But can also be kind of dangerous. One thing that is neat about night fishing is that the river becomes "alive". The night creatures start moving around and making noices more often, and it can actually be quite spooky at times. Skunks, muskrats, raccoons, bats over the river...all are quite common at night. I've actually had a bat attack my yard strike indicater. I also know someone who's actually caught a bat on a tiny fly. Try bigger streamers and mayfly immitations. If spin fishing, try rapalas and panther martins.

hey guys, the open hours for trout are from one hour befor sunrise until 11pm. i usualy fish the early morning hours, when its still dark, i catch most of my fish befor the sun hits the top of the trees!good luck to all this weekend and be nice to other fisherman. later Dogg

I'll be there fishtrap II. I'm not much of a trout fisherman but I enjoy all fishing and it's always fun camping. I'll be in the silver toyota 4 runner with the DU sticker on the back.

In Wisconsin people hang lanterns over the side (not leagal in some states) and fish in lakes at night for Trout It works great and it's a blast to see the fish swimming under the boat they are so fast.