• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MnKota Foot Pedal prob.

anchor man

Recently my foot pedal for a 55lb power drive quit turning to the right. The left and speed control work just fine. Do these get gunked up over time and can be cleaned or do they just quit and require replacing? Is there a good place in near Crosslake to bring it?

Thanks

There are contact switches in the foot pedal. Over time the contacts become burnt and not longer pass current. Take the pedal apart and remove the circuit board. You may be able to use a file to clean the switch contacts (they are under plastic and may look black from arching)

Originally Posted By: JimBuck
Dunk it in the water a few times and see if the problem persists. I know my pedal issues have been solved by a dunk or two in the lake.

Seriously?

Yes sir. The guys @ Motor Clinic suggested it to me once and now I typically do it every 4-5 times out. There is a rubber membrane that protects the circuitry on the inside of the unit from moisture etc. It's a good idea to dunk it or rinse it off pretty good to get all of the sand & grime and prevent it from damaging the seal and the electronics down the road. Otherwise bring it to motor clinic and they have a little box you can connect your trolling motor pedal to in order to see if it's something electronic related. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

I tried the dunk method over the weekend and it didn't work. Brought it to Motor Clinic today and just bought a new one for $70. He said it would be about $75 just to fix, so might as well get a new one. Like you said JimBuck, sand is the enemy and will grind right through the membrane. I plan to stow it away when not in use now instead of tracking in all the sand, I'll probably dunk it every other time out or so too. Thanks for the info.

would the problem be eliminated by spending the extra money and getting the wireless copilot system. I am thinking about buying a power drive 55 next spring and was think about getting the copilot at the same time.