• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What to Do? Where to Go?

loebs93

I am currently living in Rochester going to college and I have recently gotten into Fly-Fishing. This spring I will graduate and move home for the summer until I move to Mankato for some more school...He Ha. My home is just west of the Twin Cities near Delano and Buffalo. I am wondering if there are any streams or rivers near by where I can fish for trout. I want to show my dad and brother a good time and what this sport is all about. I would be willing to drive an hour or two. Any Suggestions?

Look in the wisconsin trout fishing regs book. In there is a map of the state and there are a ton of trout streams in western wisconsin.

Two of the best are the Kinni and the Rush river.

------------------
"Study to be quiet"

Give me an e-mail or phone call @ 952 881 5758 after April 5th and I could show you around White Water sometime.
When I first got started flyfishing a total stranger offered to show me how to catch fish on a fly rod. I'd be happy to return the favor to a total stranger. I live in Bloomington and the drive to WhiteWater is 90 miles an easy 90min drive.

Oh I almost forgot. If you're going to school in Rochester drive down to Chatfield and head on out to Bucksnort. Ask in town or check the map. There is an old dam there with a nice deep pool and for about a 1/2 mile below the dam there are some good pools. Call the DNR and ask for there Access to Trout Streams map then buy a
Delorme Map of MN and you'll have all the tools to explore the miles of trout streams in MN. My offer still stands BTW.

I love all of the opportunities to plug, but come on down MAy 1st to the 4th Annual Trout DAy in Forestville Mystery Cave State park!!!

Fishing, learning and winning awesome prizes!!!!

FREE to the Public!

STarts at 8:00am

Jim W