• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How to

LOTWSvirgin

hook a bullhead?? Do you hook it the back or the mouth?? I have looked and searched and have not been able to find what you all do. I hooked one in the mouth last weekend and had a good run but when I set the hook the was just a pull and the fish was gone. I had it hooked in both lips but the bullhead had some how worked the hook out of its top lip so the tip of the hook was inside its mouth which makes it imposible to hook the fish. Thanks for the help. Making my first boat trip on the Minnesota tonight cant wait.

One more question do you usually catch more then one flathead in a spot or not??

I think most cat guys hook their bullheads just below the apidose fin (that little nubby fin to the rear of the dorsal and the tail). It's also been recommended to put the hook through at a 45 degree angle so the hook point is facing the tail of the bullhead. The catfish will typically eat the bullhead headfirst.

Hey LOTWSvirgin - Your question is one commonly asked and I've been meaning to do a Cat Tip of the Day on it so when I saw your post I got off my lazy buttocks and put together a Cat Tip of the Day for How to Hook a Bullhead. Look on the forum and you will see my tip. Hope this helps you - it is how I do it anyway.

Steve