• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hi folks,

My family and I just got back from our 3rd vacation from your beautiful area in the Black Hills. We've traveled from our home in northern Mn. to your area every other year to camp and do the tourist things as well as harvest pinecones. We have a wreathmaking business that we operate each fall here in Mn. and although we have an abundance of pine trees up here, none produce the size/shape of the Ponderosas that grow out there.

We've had a great time vacationing out there, but would like to head to Alaska for our next big trip. So, on the long ride back home we came up with an idea. I'm wondering if any of you living out there might be interested in gathering a LARGE quantity of pinecones for us and bringing them up to our home in northern Mn. 2 yrs from this fall. In exchange, we'd put you and 1 other up at our place for a 5-day bear hunt. I would gather all the bait, do the baiting and have stands set up prior to your arrival.

I'm an avid bear hunter and have also helped numerous friends and relatives get their bear. I am also a very ethical hunter and would expect the same from you. This area is also heaven as far as fishing is concerned and we'd spend non-hunting time on the water pursuing pretty much any kind of fish you'd want to catch.

If interested, post contact info and I will get back to you.

PEAT, I work on a golf course where were ponderosas pines and Austrian pines as well. I'll be more then glad to gather up some and just send em to ya, gratus. In out PTA (PTO) we used to make wreaths for fund raises. If you got a pic of what you are looking for send it to me [email protected]

Paul, I appreciate the thought. I'll drop you a line in the next day or so, but the shipping on the kind of quantity I'm looking for would be cost prohibitive. Perhaps someone you know or work with might be interested in my offer if you're not.Thanks again.