• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Creek Chubs and Bullies

pureinsanity

Whenever I'm going for chubs, I use a fly rod. You need absolutely no skill with it, just tie on any small fly that will fit in their mouths, and twitch it around the area. For me, it's a bit easier and quicker than trying to throw out itty-bitty hooks and jigs with regular gear.

Thanks for the info. I just got a nice stash of large Creek Chubs and I think the guys who want me to take them out are picking up some suckers. Just wondering if I should get some bullies. Ill see how we do tonight.. Now to decided up stream or down stream

anywhere in shakopee i can get creek chubs or do i gotta head south? ill trade ya some bullies for some nick

Jeff, they should be in just about any creek. So if you know of a creek they should be there. I am trying to think of spots in shakopee. But I am just not familiar with creeks there. I know there are several places in Jordan. One that gets used a lot is the Wayside Rest area off of highway 21 just outside of Jordan on your left side if you were heading to New Prague. However, it gets fished pretty heavy. Id say every other time I go I might catch one or two decent ones.

As for trading. I will have to see how many suckers these guys got and how many chubs I have. I might be willing you trade you a couple for those big frogs and a bullie or two. However, It all depends where we are on the river at that time. I will text you later. Are you still going to the Jordan Access tonight?

If you come a bit earlier. You could try that rest area i was talking about. you might be able to get a couple decent ones and some small ones.

When you get to the rest area, walk to the railroad tracks and take a right on the tracks. when you are at the RR bridge fish in the creek there. Good luck

Quote:
Jeff, they should be in just about any creek. So if you know of a creek they should be there. I am trying to think of spots in shakopee. But I am just not familiar with creeks there. I know there are several places in Jordan. One that gets used a lot is the Wayside Rest area off of highway 21 just outside of Jordan on your left side if you were heading to New Prague. However, it gets fished pretty heavy. Id say every other time I go I might catch one or two decent ones.

Guess you can forget about that spot now.

acutally we head out of town for chubs and the bullies in the falss hasnt been the greatest this yr so I found another source for them

Hey, my boys killed the bullheads of size down at your spearing hole last weekend. Top water lures of all things confused They left on their bikes early AM and did not get back until sundown almost. They caught hundreds so the story goes grin

Now, a bully spot is one thing. A 11.95678" sucker spot is another grin I got one hole that produces and suckers do not seem to get big as quick as bullies grin

Edit note: Sorry elwood. Top water lures under a bobber where the trick laugh . Kids! I might be able to get some bully cell phone slaughter pics if I have a cord for my sons phone grin