• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

modern warfare 2

bgreen82

I think you are right.

I found that you can really pay them back with the thermal scope. The thermal is not good for running around since there is a small lag, but laying down and picking up snipers, it really can’t be beat.

Stick and move…..stick and move

The thermal scopes will be a big advantage in hardcore games that don’t have a kill cam.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha yeah it is frustrating when you shoot one down and 5 seconds later another one pops up but usually 2 or 3 guys on our team have some sort of launcher. Also I dont notice a ton of UAVs I think more people skip them to get the bigger killstreaks. I took UAV off long ago now I start with care package.

I can see the people, I just can't kill the people.

It seems like I'll hit them 4-5 times, then they'll shoot at me 2 times and I'm dead.

I'm using the SCAR assault rifle, usually with the next attatchment available so I can get the mastery and the 10000 points.

I can only imagine that's how most of the guys are gaining ranks, keeping the same perks until you get to level 5 of the perk and get the most XP points.

I have the same issue. The Scar is my current weapon of choice also. I hit them 3x but don’t kill them, then they turn around and splatter me with a couple of shots.

Couple things that I've noticed that can help.

The sleight of hand perk is pretty sweet. I had never used it before but if you’ve got bad aim (i.e. like me) you can sometimes reload and throw another clip at them.

Stopping power perk should give a bit more of an edge also.

Best advice I have for those of you having trouble knocking them down -

Stick with the following 3 perks well into their pro phase:

Sleight of Hand, Stopping Power & Steady Aim.

Use that combination with either the SCAR or TAR-21 & get a red dot/holographic on your weapon as soon as they are available. When you are on the move, keep your crosshairs relatively low on the screen (not quite staring at your feet but you definitely don't want to be staring at the sky). When you come across a baddy, snap into your sight (LT) while almost immediately at the same time pulling the trigger (RT), your goal is to lock it into their crotch so the recoil works the gun up their body and hits some vitals before they can take you out.

I've been using the above technique since some of the first FPS'es and it still proves powerful today, for close quarters combat at least. If you're aiming at their neck or head in regular gameplay modes, your sights are going to climb off of their body before you get enough bullets into them. Playing hardcore is a different story, where a single shot to the neck/head will actually take an enemy out.

Obviously the technique is a little different if you're going for a 100-200yd kill, but if you can't effectively kill up close I wouldn't recommend giving away your position by taking pot shots at someone across the screen smile.

After a third night, I believe I'm getting the WaW gameplay out of my system.

I've totally given up (for now) on melee, I just flat out cannot get a kill that way.

I'm running a SCAR with the grenade thrower attached, as I'm trying to get the 10000 xp points for SCAR mastery, I've got about 60 more kills.

I run sleight of hand, steady aim and hardline.

Tonight was much better. I had MVP for one round, but then the very next round I was 0-13. laugh

I'm finding that I need to run less, and just crouch around the screen. Before I could run and gun, now my guy doesn't seem to be fast enough out of the sprint to get the aim going.

Ive got a decent KDR going and what ive found useful starting in 4 and have carried over to the other CoDs is, in close combat as soon as your cross hairs are on the enemy start shooting then keep shooting even as you're bring the gun up to aim down the sights. The one who hesitates usually loses you should suprise them and get a few extra bullets in them. This works best when using submachine guns and steady aim but I do it with just about any weapon now. It may take some time to get the hang of it but it works for me.

I dont melee as much in this game either for some reason I forget in the heat of the moment 'til I get knifed. The commando perk is killing me. I put a few rounds in a guy he runs within 10 feet, lunges, and knifes me?!

I have been playing a few days now and gotten alot better but still aren't very good. I am amazed how fast people have leveled up. I just don't have the time to play that much!!

It is so frantic/chaotic, especially in deathmatch where you basically are just randomly running around killing people. I like domination alot better as there seems to be a point to it.

I have been ussing the SCAR and switched from the grenade launcher to the red dot scope attachment and that has helped me out alot. I just switched my second weapon to the thumper so I can shoot a few grenades if I need to. (until I unlock something better)

I have used the MG4 also, which seems alright. I expected it to have more knockdown power, however the large magazine is nice.

All right, I'm starting to get REAL angry. I went over to my buddy's place again last night, and we CANNOT complete the level in co-op in the shower room, the one that's like the scene out of The Rock, I think it's goulog? It's really starting to tick me off.

The more you play, the more you realize how understanding the maps and the routes people take is key.

You can develop a pattern in which you know someone will "come around this corner" or "be looking out this window", or "crouched down on this roof"

Unfortunately that takes countless hours of nonstop playing and most people can't sacrifice the time it takes.

Those guys that keep killing us can wink

I agree dtro.

One thing about MW2 is the number of maps on multiplayer.

I've played probably 20 hours of multiplayer, and last night, I was on a map that I'd never been on yet.

And then when you DO finally get to a map you've been on, it take so stinking long to remember the area that you like to hang out at, where your gun is most effective, ie short range, sniper, etc.

I played against some guys today that were insane. We were playing Headquarter Pro and there were three guys from a clan on the opposing team. One had a sniper rifle and would run around with it, somehow zoom in for about 1/4 of a second and kill you in one shot all the way across the airport. I think they won like 200-50. I earned a sentry gun and couldn't even deploy it before the game was over, got shot every time I tried to do anything with it.

One thing I did today, with recommendations from a different board.

I went and bought a pair of Turtle Beach headphones. The PS3 version are Turtle Beach P21, the XBox are X3 I believe.

They're the BOMB, especially if you're like me and are playing at night after everyone goes to bed.

this game is pretty good im in the top 30,000 in the world.as for using earphones,i use them all the time.its a mazing what you can hear with them.as for camping on this game yes thee is a lot of camping in hardcore which i do play alot but im taking a break from it so now i play regular teamdeath match lets get a 6 of us and play my s/n is JustCause88.

this game is pretty good im in the top 30,000 in the world.as for using earphones,i use them all the time.its a mazing what you can hear with them.as for camping on this game yes thee is a lot of camping in hardcore which i do play alot but im taking a break from it so now i play regular teamdeath match lets get a 6 of us and play my s/n is JustCause88.

Yeah, I see your score online. I'm happy with being in the top 1,000,000. laugh

I tried to invite you a couple of times, but haven't worried too much about trying to figure out exactly how to do that either.

LwnmwrMan22