• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

modern warfare 2

bgreen82

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friends figured out the friend invite situation, and how to fix it. I have to say, it is a MAJOR PAIN, and IW better patch it, or else I will go back to W@W. You have to completely delete your friend, re-add them, then invite them. This is for the PS3 version.

Had a fun session with the game last night.

Some of the additions are pretty cool. It’s a little overwhelming and I think they might have went a bit overboard with the accolades, perks, emblems, titles, pro perks and killstreak rewards. It’s like information overload.

I also wouldn’t mind to see the multiplayer game slowed down a little bit. You really don’t have any time to think about your next move. If you stop to think about it, BLAM, shot from behind. A good example is when you finally rack up enough kills for a care package or airstrike of some sort. You better make sure you are not out in the open when you call it, or you are as good as dead.

The weapons seem fairly balanced, I haven’t found an overwhelming favorite yet, but there are still dozens to unlock yet. So far the ump45 is my favorite I think.

Graphics and sound (especially in Campaign mode) are superb. I haven’t played though it a whole lot yet, but the snowstorm level is outstanding. You have to inch along an ice wall, and then climb it with ice picks and then sneak through a base in a blinding snowstorm finished by a thrilling snowmobile ride. One of the coolest chapters I’ve played IN ANY GAME.

completely agree with everyone dtro just said. all the accolades and different kill types are hard to sort through midgame. example - you get a kill, but it was also a kill that ended your deathstreak and your opponents kill streak, but it was also a long distance shot, that ended up being a headshot and you avenged a teammate. 5 different kill upgrades which flash across your screen. i personally try to read all of them cuz i still dont know if its a kill im getting, a challenge unlocked, an accolade or what. mulitple times i died cuz i sat and read all this stuff. a little overboard but still incredible. maybe that stuff will just get common to us and we wont even notice. btw, spec ops are awesome. some of those levels are sweet with a partner.

That’s funny.

A “headshot” that was a “long range shot” that “avenged a teammate” and “defended the HQ” it also “ended your deathstreak” and “ended your opponents killstreak” not only that, but you got “revenge” on your opponent, oh but wait, you also completed the “prone shot” and “marksman” challenge.

It’s silly if you ask me. Sometimes less is more.

Some of the accolades are also goofy.

“Lowest Altitude”

“Highest Altitude”

And my favorite. “spy game” (watched the killcam the longest). I’ve gotten that one several times already. LOL I’m getting old. laugh

It really is overwelming at first. Its a lot of changes to take in all at once but Ive already adapted pretty good. Ive learned to ignore most the stuff that pops up after a kill. I also like the killstreaks, make it more fast paced. I love walking up on an enemy that didnt hide while they didnt worry to hide with the laptop open, your killstreak session is over...

So far Im loving the SCAR its accurate and strong. It has a smaller clip but if you dont spray and pray too much you can take two guys out without a reload. Skavenger and Hardline and two perks I use on the majority of my classes.

Yeah, I can't get online this morning either. Keeps trying to retrieve class/rank when I try to find a game and just sits there looking.

Downloaded patch 1.02 this morning, assuming that has something to do with that. Oh well, the campaign so far is awesome!!!!

It takes some practice. I had a PS2 before the PS3 that used the same thing and have played enough games, so I guess I don't even really notice anymore..... A first person shooter is the hardest to start with, but you use it so much you will probably adapt to it faster.

What are you PS3 guys using for a controller on this game. Convert from Wii and having a heck of a time getting used to the other thumb controlling vision.

I am used to the PS3 controller now, but I picked up a MW2 controller. I went back to the original, it was tough to get used to the other one. But I did spend enough $$$$ on it, so I will use it.

I played multiplayer most of the night last night.

It helped my confidence playing Free For All most of the time. If I’m not part of a team, and I can go hide in a corner while I mess with different options/settings and explore the maps while not worrying about letting the team down and/or not dealing with an objective.

A few discoveries

I really like the throwing knife. It’s almost a guaranteed kill (don’t forget to pick it back up and use it again).

The thumper is fun

I would like to lay down a tactical nuke just one time.

Bling is a great perk

“Rust” is a kill fest

I havent used Bling yet but I really like Hardline (1 less kill required for all killstreak bonuses) alot. I get a ton of UAVs, etc now.

The supply drop is pretty cool. I got my hands on some kind of airplane? from that which smoked the other team for about 5 minutes. I racked up a ton of kills with it.

I've been hitting multiplayer, but am going to fool around w/ the campaign a bit tonight.

The supply drop is pretty cool. I got my hands on some kind of airplane? from that which smoked the other team for about 5 minutes. I racked up a ton of kills with it

The Stealth Bomber maybe??? Other team got that on us last night and I got killed about 15 times by it

if you really try hard to put it in a good spot, the sentry gun can be amazing. a real deal for a 5 kill streak. better than predator missile which is basically 1-2 kill max unless you get lucky with large group of enemies.

I suck.

I hate this game.

I threw it out the window.

Anyone that wants MW2 for a PS3, it's outside.

Hurry up and get it before I can't sleep and go outside and put it back in. Keep me from my misery. PLEASE!

Dude, I am the same way. Walk 2 steps, get shot. Watch killcam- how'd they even SEE me???? Gotta love it though!!

Yeah, I pretty much suck too. It takes a while, but you finally get used to being at the bottom of the leaderboard each round and the never ending harassment of 12yr olds screaming “noob” into your ear.

It’s very frustrating how good some people are at this game. You watch the killcam afterwards and say to yourself (my version is a little more harsh), “how in the hell did he even see me there?”

It’s a good thing I don’t have a swear jar nearby, because I would be broke.

I discovered one good thing last night. Smoke+Thermal Scope= huge adavantage laugh

Originally Posted By: Bigbartguy
The supply drop is pretty cool. I got my hands on some kind of airplane? from that which smoked the other team for about 5 minutes. I racked up a ton of kills with it

The Stealth Bomber maybe??? Other team got that on us last night and I got killed about 15 times by it

I think he's talking about the AC130, you can really do some damage with that thing! I ended a game pretty quick with it by rapidly cycling through the canons - start with the 120, pop off a few rounds with the 40 then the 20mm. By the time you get to reloading the 20mm, the 120 is set to fire and you can run through them again.

RE: getting killed constantly

I have a 42" LCD 720 HDTV and I still dont understand how I'm spotted sometimes.

I think those guys must be using 55" HDTVs (and sitting 5 ft away from the screen) to spot us. It's frustrating.

One thing that I did was turn the screen brightness up to the maximum (via game options) and turned my TV up as well. It really helps spot people in the shadows.