• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Net?

AaronM

Any good net alternatives to buying a $100 + net besides a cradle? It's hard for me to justify spending that much right now when I don't make it out as much as I'd like. I have an older style that's hard on the fins so I'm not too keen on using that. Any chance of replacement netting being cheaper? Maybe it's possible to fit different netting on that frame. Anyway looking for thoughts and ideas!

As hard as it is to justify spending 100+ on a net I think it's an area that's worth spending good money if your at all concerned about the health of the fish and yourself. I picked my Frabill up for a little over 100 bucks at the expo. Having all the depth and width of a large net to properly handle and release is all the easier. If you wanna keep your hoop and put a new net on....a few different companies make replacements for around 40-60. Just make sure you measure your hoop correctly. I can't see why they wouldn't fit. Good luck.

Gander up in Maple Grove has some muskie/salmon sized nets on sale/clearance in the back. They had red and black hooped Beckman's in the back of the fishing dept. that were marked down to $62. When they rang me up, they took another 50% off of that.

I just picked up a Beckman Muskie net from the Gander in Maple Grove and got it for $42. I couldn't believe I got it for that price. It is a tank, but has worked for me so far this year. Keep looking around the different stores in the next few weeks, because they will be clearing out the summer stuff for the winter inventory soon.