• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

April is Comming!

DARK30

Jpz, for soft plastics I mean a jig and a twister or jig and tube. 2 and 3 inch twisters and tubes work best in colors like white, brown and black just to name a few.

I've never tried or heard of anyone using salmon eggs for bait in S.E. Minnesota.

WhaTT!, Bass pro shop is where you can find them.

------------------
"Study to be quiet"

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I throw bright colors like orange, yellow, blue, green and white.

Fish slower when the waters muddy. The trout can feel your lure but cann't see. Fishing it slow will give them time to locate it and stike it.

------------------
"Study to be quiet"

Renneberg,
Can you tell me what presentations have worked best for you on SE MN Browns using big streamers? Are you using a short jerky jigging retrieve (clouser like); using the rod to sweep the fly across the current; tossing up and across ~ then letting the fly swing up at the end of a drift in front of your target; feeding out line from upstream and dropping the fly into pocket water. Any tips you care to share would be appreciated (I may not be able to wait for trout day to learn more from you)! I was fortunate enough last winter to get 3 browns over 20", the biggest was 25 1/4", but I haven't repeated that success this winter.

I like to cast upstream and across or straight across stream.

I like to to fish it similar to how I fish rapalas. Stop and go retrieve.
Strip the line to get the to jerk. Don't use the fly rod to get that action. Using the fly rod to will create a lot of slack in the line and well make it hard to hook a fast striking trout.

------------------
"Study to be quiet"