• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Difference in Lund types

dirtking

Your best bet might be to check the specifications. My guess is that the Tyee is deeper and wider, maybe higher hp and capacity rating, added bells and whistles, etc.

The new Tyee is glass and the Fisherman is Aluminum.

Basics of the fisherman:

1750 - 17'-6" and 135 max hp.

1850 - 18'-6' and 150 max hp.

Side rod locker storage only.

Some bow storage capacity.

Basics of the Tyee:

Tyee 186 - 18'-6" and 175 max hp.

Side lockers as well as in floor rod storage (11 rods)

Maximized bow storage

Larger rear casting deck space with jump seats folded down.

Other than that and between 15k and 20k depending on options, they will both be fishable big water boats.

Thanks - I have been searching for 2000 to present - Lund tyees since that is what we have now (1983 tyee 5.5) We fish big water so i would like to get a 1950. Just wondering are the fishermans as deep?

I keep seeing fishermans on the lake and they look nice, and maybe sheaper - I guess I don't need all the bells and wistles but I dont want a shallow hull small lake boat.

Check the Lund web site for the specs but if your on big water go as big and deep as you can. The tyee is a great big water boat but the Fisherman is a very nice boat as well. Its all about preference a lot of times. Go look at a few and see what ya think will work best for the way you fish.

The Tyee is the same depth and the Fisherman... using a broad paintbrush, they're almost identical with the exception of fit & finish (tyee's usually have full enclosure packages, bow cushions, etc), & installed accessories / bells & whistles.

The biggest difference that matters to me between the two is the livewells are different...

Also, depending on the year, the Tyee's have the IPS II hull and the fisherman's in the last 2-3 years got that.

marine_man

Hull wise there is no difference between the 17 and 18 foot TYEEs and the Firsherman. Exact same hull. Fit and finish, big diffference. Also 1750 tyee is rated for larger motor. Was told this was marketing decision. The biggest thing to cosider is that, I don't think there is a 19 foot Fisherman avaiable.

TYEE is a bigger boat i believe. They are Deeper in the freeboard, but have the same set up as a fisherman. The fisherman in the Lund line has been one of the top if not the top selling boats for them. They didnt make it one year, and people were upset, so they brought it back. Its a popular boat in Minnesota for the simple fact that its alot less money then a tyee, and does everything anyone wants.

Thicker hull on the Tyee which I believe directly correlates to the HP ratings being higher on a Tyee. I do believe the Tyee is slightly deeper and wider. As others have said the two are vitually the same boat, besides some of the bells and whistles. Maybe the Fisherman is the standard Chevy and Tyee the Cadillac.

Just went throught the 2008 lund catalog for TYEE and Fisherman(1750 & 1850) both TYEE and Fisherman in these two sizes are IDENTICAL with regards to technical specifications. Hull thickness, length, width, depth Ect. As been said before, the difference in the two boat series is fit and finish. In addition to the HP rating, 175 max vs. 150 on the 1850 and 150 max vs. 135 for the 1750.

I own a 2008 1750 Tyee and 17Fishman is correct. For 2008 and 2009...the Tyee 1750/1850 and the Fisherman 1750/1850 are the EXACT same IPSII hull. As noted above, the Tyee has more/nicer options as standard than the fisherman and I too believe the HP rating difference was more mktg/positioning than anything real technical. There is no 1950 Fisherman option. next one I get is going to be the 1950 Tyee. Knowing what I know now, that would be the ideal boat for me.