• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trout Streams within an 1 1/2 hrs of Cities

Lunker

Well, I'm new to flyfishing, and am going to get my share of practice on the gills this spring, but I do want to make some trout expeditions this spring/summer. Just wondering what streams within about an hour and a half of the cities are decent places to start? Not asking for any honey holes, just names of streams/ rivers and maybe access points. Thanks

The fastest and easiest way to approach this is get a hold of a SE MN trout Streams map from the DNR.

It also provides what kind of trout inhabits and how much stream restoration, including whcih streams are totally private, semi private
or public.

Feel free to put on your calendar, MAy 1st for the 4th Annual Trout Day in Forestville Mystery Cave State PArk.

You'll get more info at tevent than you can make use of in several seasons!

JIm W

Being from Duluth, I haven't fished the cities. However, I believe the Vermilion River down by Apple Valley/Farmington has trout. Watch your regs., this suburban trout stream is a delicate gem existing despite harsh surroundings.

Also, I have made the trip to the SE Whitewater system and can tell you it is definitely worth the trip. From the cities you would be crazy not to go.

For more info go to the "small rivers and streams" or "flyfishing" forums. Jim W and company are knowledgeable and they're usually right on it with a response.

And when you want a meal, nothing can beat those bluegills.

Tight Lines!