• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Antoine Winfield

gundy89

He needed to get signed to get his attitude straight heading into this Fall. He pouts and stays away from Winter Park when things aren't going the way he wants. That being said, he's a great player and I'm glad they finally got it done.

I agree...great to get this thing done. And like someone else said, he's earned it. And, if you've ever met him in person...he is a real stand up guy, not too full of himself like some other players are and always comes over during training camp and signs footballs for the kids and talks to them for a while. I have a lot of respect for him as a player and a person in general. I know I wouldn't like to be on the receiving end of one of those open field tackles that he can put on a guy.

I am glad they signed Winfield as he is a great competitor, great tackler, but slightly above average in 1 on 1 coverage.....and he isn't a pouter he has never been one to go to Winter Park and do OTA or any off season training with the team but he comes to work when required and he works and plays his butt off and is always in great shape. His contract stuff is and has been always in the media but that is how things are done and I don't remember him ever really saying a bad word towards the Vikings other than the talks have slowed or they haven't been talking which isn't negative it is just how the situation was at the time.