• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Monster Quest

DTro

Usually these shows grasps at various things to dramatize the “monsters” they are hunting (footprints, hair, eyewitnesses), but last night took the cake. They were in the Amazon looking for a living dinosaur that had been reportedly seen on several occasion by local tribe members.

So here they were in the middle of Amazon with a $99 portable Eagle Fish Finder and a $99 Fish TV unit. They were drifting in a hollowed out log hanging the transducer over the side and waiting for something to “appear on the sonar” and then dropping the camera into the chocolate milk of a river.

They were convinced that a couple of blobs on the depth finder had a large round shape with a long skinny neck. So they would then drop the camera down….”can’t quite make it out, but I am seeing something down there”

laughlaughlaugh

I can tell you this, the MN river must be chock full of dinosaurs because I see that same exact shape about every 1/8th of a mile on my finder. wink

In fact one of them must have been hungry the other night as he took a swipe at my prop and took out one of the blades.

yes this season's shows have been on the lame side, wasn't last nights something about wild dogs? I tuned in to see what it was about and that seemed like the theme. The dinosaur one was lame too, that one has aired a few times.

There was another show that was on Sci-Fi, Destination Truth, same theme but at least the guy on the show brings a little sense of humor at himself and the monsters he is looking for.

They did a sea monster episode down in Florida and they have video of this thing splashing around in the water. They scientist positively identify it as a thought to be extinct species of seal. It was thought to be extinct over 100 years ago, but low and behold here it was swimming around in this one back canal bay in florida. This was the best and most educational episode I have seen, and yes I have the show on record all on my DVR.

So when people say I haven't seen one or theres no proof of one so it must not be real. I just laugh, and think the human race is so ignorant and naive to think that we are an all knowing race species.

I saw that seal episode and I do agree about that being a very good episode. Didn't they say it could have been a manatee hit by a propeller to cause that 3 pronged tail though? I do recall them saying that is was more than likely the extict seal though.