• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wacky rig bait for smallies?

bmc

What is your #1 bait for wacky rigging smallies? I usually use a 5" Gary Yamamoto silver senko, but think that might be too big at times.

Anyone, anyone?

On a side note, my daughter had her 1st experience last week using the wacky rig and she's got it down! She had a nice mix of smallies and largies. Her biggest LMB was 17" and biggest SMB was 15". Fun, fun, fun!!!

Brian

If I had to pick a single bait it would be a 4" senko, the 5" has definately worked for me, but often times those big smallys want the 4". Countless times I have seen the 4" outfish a 5" for big fish, hands down. Big fish don't ALWAYS want a big bait, especially smallys.

Hiya -

I use 5" Dip Stick worms a lot. Have done pretty well with the Power Bait Heavy Sink Worms too. They're nice because you can cast them in a wind and they can be worked a lot deeper. I also use some finesse worms too. Zoom trick worms are good, as Bemidji said, and Gulp Fat Dover Crawlers are pretty good too. A 5" Gulp Alive Leech is also pretty dang good believe it or not.

For hooks I use Gamakatsu Finesse wide gaps just because I happen to have some, but when I finally run out of those I'll probably use an Owner Mosquito hook like I use drop shotting. Either #1 or 1/0. Actually though a plain old baitholder hook in the same size works just as well.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

try a 4" #117 Bonzai worm

Bonzai's are hard to find anywhere but a few Southern California bait sellers

Works like a dream here in IDaho where we have gobs of smallies.

They grab hold on and eat this baby.

WD