• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help for newbie...Anyone?

Swamp Scooter

The talk of trout gets me going. Thanks to fm'ers I have gotten a couple of walleyes this year so I though about trying the trout scene. I realize that most of them are North or on the streams South in MN. I have fished the Brule in N. WI for many years for the elusive Steelhead over 26". I now have a lake cabin near there and was wondering if anyone has a tip for locating something in that area.

Is line color or lack there of crucial?

Also anyone near the twin cities ever have luck on Square in Washington County? I have only gotten them in open water(rainbow) there. it is closer to home and would be easier to spend time on. No need to post ALL your secrets... [email protected] If anyone has a tip or two to share.

Hey Swamp Scooter, I'm not sure what your first question is, but I can help you with the other two.

I really feel that the line used during trout fishing of any kind is very important. Trout are a very shy fish with great eye site. I personally like fluorocarbon line when still fishing for trout. Just using this kind of line will get you more bites.
When ice fishing for trout never go any heavier then 6lb test. 4lb test is a good all around size line for any trout lake.

I have never fished Square lake in the winter. I do know that people like to fish for trout around the brush pile on the northwest end of the lake.

Hopefully someone that knows more about the lake can help you.

Good Luck this winter!

------------------
"Study to be quiet"