• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

4th Annual Trout Day

Paul Waldowski

This will be the first of many informationals on the 4th Annual Trout Day May 1st, 2004.
To start, it is FREE!!!!! Everyone is welcome.
From youth/children on up. From those who want to learn about trout fishing and the SE MN region to the novice to the "expert".

Brief background:
I created this day to bring outdoor enthusiasts, fisherman of all ages together, learning, sharing and enjoying one of SE MN's
most precious natural resources. Enjoying it in the heart of the Karst region at Forestville/Mystery Cave State Park.

It is not a commercial event. I have fished SE MN well beyond 20 years and wanted to share with others. Call me selfish, but I find it paramount to educate others on the resources. I'd love to take you to my favorite fishing streams and holes, but what would become of such a gesture? I am a trusting individual, but....I think you get the picture.

The more who understand what it's(SE MN Trout Fishing) all about the better chance we all can begin sharing our "honey holes"!

Plus, SE MN has sooooo much to offer in it's pure beauty and excellent fishing. We need to support the DNR in it's fine work, managing many streams creating now the best trout fishing in 30 years!!!!!!

TO dangle a carrot, there will be presentations and activities from Minn Aqua,
the DNR, local "experts" and a real treat this year from a real/true "River Rat".(more on that).

Plus, if you attend, you have a very good chance at winning gear/tackle, certificates, professionally guided fishing trips and resort stays!

DId I say it's Free??????

If you have attended in the past feel free to share your experience and suggestions!

Keep the rods bendin'!!!

Jim W

PLease refer to Rochester Forum for update.

This year Trout Day will devote the whole morning to fishing!!!!

If you are planning on attending please repsond when you can. Especially if you are bringing scout/cub troops or any youth!

Keep the rods bendin'!!!

Jim W

Jim once again has worked hard to secure a ton of "door" prizes. Last year my wife won a full day guided trip for two on Cass Lake with Brian Jones. And a couple years back I won a guided trip on the St.Criox with Turk. So it shouldn't take much to guess where my wife and I will be May 1st!!

So tell your friends, bring your kids, and I'll see you there!

Renneberg,

YEs it is coming up fast.
Getting real busy. I have two Television appearances next week. ONe where I will be taking a FOX 47 media person trout fishing for a filmed segment for Trout Day. Hope I can produce!!!LOL

Streams need more water!! I don't mind hitting bigger water, but like the seclusion of smaller!

Fihsing is pretty good if you put the time in!

Jim W

will be heading down on friday staying at maple springs fri & sat. if anyone would like to fish friday ill be hitting a few streams always like a fishing partner.

jim do you need help setting up if so i can help. just say the time. hope to see alot of people there. last year was great

------------------
Troutman72

CPR <(((<

hey Jim, i'll be down on the 1st, just wondering is check-in in the state park area or the cave? i'll be fishing with friends in the early morning, you say that sign-up is 8am, how late can a person sign in? thx for getting this day together. Dogg

Lucky,

Registration is from 8:00am until 9:00am.
Must be present to win door prizes...sometime at days end!

Jim

OH it's at the park, not much fishing going on in a cave! However that would be pretty cool!

[This message has been edited by Jim W (edited 04-26-2004).]