• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Photos from the Stategic Air & Space Command Museum

This place is the most awesome aviation museum I have ever seen, need to go back since it takes just abour an entire day to absorb it all. Its more like a major visual overload. My brain is still trying take it all in. My son to.Even the wife who could care less about anything related to planes.

Still have more photos to upload but need to go through them all first.Was a rather dark place for pictures and many did not turn out.

The bomb bay of the B-36 is AWESOME.

Slide show of the Stategic Air & Space Command Museum

Also found a store right across from the hotel we are staying that sells Indian Motorcycles. This store has the most awesome hand built bikes made.Prices also reflect that status.Average retail price for one of those 400 bikes built per year is over $30,000. Just a dream for me to be able get pictures of them. Store manager said go ahead and show it off. Been a slow year for sales so far.

Slideshow of the Indian Motorcycle store

Nice slide show of the museum!!! I was at the museum 15 years ago when it was over at Offutt AFB. It appears that they have restored, & cleaned up the aircraft which is great to see. They were all outside before exposed to the elements.

Not sure how many years the new Museum has been open, but many of the planes in there were in dire need of dusting like the SR-71 in the entry area. But the way they have them hung, it would take some serious scaffolds or harnesses to clean them off. Was amazing how many bus loads of people were there to. Place was packed for a Monday morning.

I was there shortly after it opened. That was at least 15 years ago. Actually I was going to Offutt TDY when they were moving the planes to the new location. There are a lot more planes in there now as well. The SR71 was the hilight of the tour for me though. I saw it fly once when I was stationed in the Philippines. Once it landed it was in the hanger and heavily guarded very soon after it landed. Thanks for sharing! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo