• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Brook Trout

radke22

Kingkidfisher, are you talking about Miners Lake?

If you are I'd have to agree with you about the great brook trout fishing in that lake. The rainbow trout fishing is just as good if not better.

The water in that lake is super clear and it's fun to watch big schools of trout swim along the shore.

I've never heard of a crappie being caught out of there but I have caught some huge sunfish out of that lake. One time we didn't catch a sunfish under 9 oz.

The best part of all is that very few people even fish that lake.

------------------
"Study to be quiet"

Last winter I caught a brookie that went 13 3/4" on a stocked mine pit near Grand Rapids, MN. Supposedly the DNR hasn't stocked brookies in there for the last 10 years. Maybe it got mixed in with the rainbows they stock into the lake? I'll always remember those snow white fin edges coming into the hole and me thinking "holy sh!+" it's a brookie! I'm kicking myself bigtime, I wish I woulda' got that one mounted. I've got a 22" rainbow out of that same pit on the wall. Do you think a brookie can live 10 years+?

bmc