• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone Fishing?

Hit Heidecke Sun and it was slow....a couple of Sheepshead, one White Bass, some dink gillies, a very small smallmouth but my buddy Sven had fun with about a 12 Lb carp that circled the boat twice before I got to play "net man" for him. Beautiful weather though so it was worth our time.

Hey Bob, been fishing the mississippi river pool 14 and it has been very good for walleye ,blugills ,and catfish they were shallow all last week then this beautiful cool weather came through the water temp dropped 6 degrees the fish also dropped with it down to 18 to 22 ft ,but they are still hungry ,just a little tip for you ole river rats use some lake type presentations the ole riv is really clear you can see 2 ft down!

I mostly fish the strip mine lakes in my area and this cooler weather has made it nice. Bass doing their usual morning and evening thing and chasing gills, crappie in between, nothing to brag about just some nice solid fish.

Dogfish, how did that fight? I have seen them swimming but never caught one. I heard the big H was slow. It's summer and I'm sure there are shad everwhere. At least a few people are lucky to get out. I have another week or 2 before I can hit the water.

It faught like crazy. I had 6 pound test on jigging with a leech for walleye. It was about a ten to fifteen minute fight. The first time it surface i thought it was a walleye and i about jumped out of the boat in exitement; that exitement ended real quick once i realized what it really was.

Been fishin for a few minutes each of the last 3 days,been catch ing stripers and largemouth in the backwaters of the mississippi river, the ole riv has jumped up a foot and a half from those big storms up north over the weekend.

Geno,

Since when are you out slumming on the South Side? LOL

I also hit Heideke every now and then. I will be heading out somewhere in the next few days with my son and a few of my grand kids. Looking for somewhere to pull in a few on a bobber. Any suggestions? I have an 18 foot boat with a 40 Hp motor so that limits some of the lakes. I was thinking about Heideke but I have been there a ton, might try Shabbona if they allow my motor size, I heard it was a 10 hp limit.

Anybody else feel free to chime in! Trying to stay within an hour of the southwest suburbs.

Sorry Windy, no help here. Shabbona is 10hp limit. And that was the first time for me on Heidecke....and probably the last -- cannot imbibe wit a cold, frosty one on state park property you know!

Come up nort --- Loon Lake, or the Chain...but you need a sticker for the Chain.

Aw heck, stick wit Cass.

Geno,

I have heard good and bad about the Chain. Good fishing bad traffic on the weekends. Tons of weekend warriors out with their cigar boats makes for bad fishing. Might give it a shot during the week though. As for Heideke and the alcohol it is kind of like Bill Clinton, don't ask don't tell. Never saw anybody busted with a Bud in their hand, try a huggie and you should be fine! I thought Shabbona was 10 hp limit, oh well!

Windy

Windy, if they let you kick the motor up you could use the electric on part of the lake or they do rent boats. I do wish they would go to a speed limit on some of these lakes, with a 25hp on a under powered boat still can't fish the 10hp lakes without swapping motors or having two rigs.

ttg.

The ole miss is on the rise! Id say 2 foot overnight!However the backwaters are still clean not for long though,get out and fish em if you can tommorrow cause it will probably be over for a couple weeks ,after things get stable again ,stripers are still on the bite few largemouths too ,27 tonight before dark on a silver jig spin, ultralight and 4 pound test !