• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing Report

CAB

Boy has this forum been quite. Hope everybody is too busy fishing to post. Anyways, made down to the Vermilion last Saturday. Action was fast a furious right away. Caught a 16.5" and 21" brown just before 7AM. Nothing after that. Had a slight mishap while drudging along the river bank. I fell into a rut and thought I'd never get up again. Twisted my back up pretty good and ended up cutting my outing a little short mad.gif. I should be back in action by next weekend. Water level is very low but suprisingly very cold. Because of the low water conditions, I was able to retrive a couple of raps that I had lost earlier this spring.
While fishing, I caught an unusual amount of chubs. They were very aggresive as I was using a #11 rapala and some of the chubs I was catching were the same size as the rap. It's no wonder the trout get so large in this river with all of the chubs that available.

I was at Whitewater over the weekend and did pretty good. The river was super low and the trout were all in the deeper holes. Duck weed cover much of the river, so that made it harder to catch fish.

Best times were very early in the morning and very late in the day. Best color of rapala was a natural and black and silver.

Biggest trout of the weekend was a 16 inch brown. Most of the trout ran between 6 to 12 inches.

We did catch 2 rainbows 12 incher and a 14 incher. Both were not freshly stocked rainbows, since they showed no signs of being just stocked.

------------------
"Study to be quiet"