• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Possible record low temps

I heard tomorrow(friday) could have record low temps. Any thoughts or opinions what this weather is going to do to the fishing this weekend? Cold front or feeding frenzy?

I remember about 6 years ago or so there were 3 days in the middle of august where the temps got down in the low 60s and during that stretch I caught my first tigers. Any chance it happens again?

Good luck,

Zelmsdawg

I lied when I said that was all the action I could stand. Went out again around 7, moved 2 fish. One of them upper 40's and came in hot once on a believer and once on a DCG. Pretty sure she was just curious, saw her surface about 4 times in the area and i'm sure she was just gorging on baitfish and had no need to bite my lure. oh well, made me forget about this morning.

Zelms, funny you bring up that weather from some years back and tigers I remember it really well too for the same reason. Really hot stretch followed by a big, big cool down I was on the water the day before and caught two tigers (first muskies, ever) I was stoked. I think this weather is slightly different though it hasnt been overly hot much and the dropping temps are not as abrupt.

With that said my buddy and I just got back in from a short trip this eve and the fish were up and active. I had a big fish follow, a nice fish hooked up for a bit, one fatty mid 30s pike, and my buddy was happy to land his first muskie at 36". All our action came on top with docs and jackpots.

Good to know fish are still moving. Was going to go friday morning buy my partner backed out so went to elsewhere instead. Will be going out tonight with goblue and hopefully can move a fish or 2 on my new baits wink

Good luck,

Zelmsdawg

I got out yesterday around 5 and had a hot fish come up burning a bucktail and one short strike, until the wind died. Then the action quit along with it. I liked the cooler weather reminded me of fall fishing and the lake was quiet!