• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Headlamps-A Necessity of Night Fishing

SunneyeDay

Burned out two headlamps already this summer, ended up havign to go to that dang "W" store, but man was I happy that I did. If you have a Target in your town, they carry it there too.

Bought one of the new 1 Watt Energizer headlamps, with the spotlight, red glow, and white led settings- maybe one the best purchases I have ever made at $20.00.

You could use that 1 watt spotlight to shine deer- shoot, it s so bright, you could use it to perform LASIK. Red glow is crucial to keep the bugs off/ make that bobber glow too.

I've got an Energizer brand one and LOVE it. However, each time I turn it on I have to cycle through all the different illumination modes before turning it off. Do these allow you to turn it off without clicking the button 3-4 times and an epileptic seizure? Only kiddin' about the seizure part but it get's very annoying when you need to turn it on/off for a quick second several times in an evening.

Yep, Energizer has a few different styles. The one I prefer has 3 LED’s and a three way slide switch. One way is 3 LED, middle is off and the other way is Red.

The click style has more LED’s but a royal pain in the buttocks cycling through all the settings, not only that, but the rubber switch cover likes to fall off on that style. For the price though I think the Energizer brand is one of the best.

I think that one was $15 at the W- the $20 one has that outrageous spotlight on it (that literally hurts if you look into it or shine someone) and has that rubber click button, that I hope holds up.

I like the spotlight for night fishing because the buoys marking a rock reef on my lake have no lights and the reflectors stink so I need the spotlight to find the silhouette.

Wish I could take credit for it. However, practically being raised at a muni golf course from age 10 on, thats about where my mind was in Junior High. I think some might describe it as "having your head in the gutter."

i started useing head lamps about 6 years ago on my first trip to bwcaw, after that i'v been addicted to them, what a great product, it dont matter the brand, i prefer the ones with the batteries and the led's all in one. not the seperate battery. greatest thing for night fishing ever!

I think they are the greatest invention since BEER!!

My first one was a Browning that wasn't cheap, and wouldn't you know it broke after only a few uses. I now use the Energizer brand like you guys and love them. I prefer the push button over the slide switch. Simply because the slide switch can be turned on accidentally (more so than the clicker)-leaving you with dead batteries when you need light the most. (happened more than once)

Yep I own the Energizer headlamp that you guys speak of, and I LOVE this thing! I have gotten many, many hours out of it this summer and only changed the batteries once (I'm talking probably 100 hours or more of Catfishing at night). As mentioned the cycling button does really suck but I will live with it.

If anyone is looking for a good, cheap flashlight...look at the Energizer LED ones that are made to take a beating. I picked mine up for $20 and came with a case and has 3 LED's...and I bought three more similar ones with 1 LED and no case at Target today for $0.62 (had to be a mistake on their part, but I took advantage of it).

I had a princeton headlamp from the big box store in Rogers and loved it but somehow misplaced it and am looking for a new one......guess I will try the one talked about here....The headlamp is such a must for the outdoorsman.....I love it for ice fishing and also for walking to the deer stand in the morning or out at night!!

How water-proof are these? I was looking to get one that is brighter than the clip on style I have now. Thanks, Perch

They blow those clip on style lights out of the water as far as lumens thrown.

I've sat through a few downpours with my headlamp on. Not sure if they claim to be waterproof though.

I'm with dtro-don;t know if they claim to be waterproof, but I have sat through a couple of wicked rains with the spotlight version energizer makes. Its also been drenched in a tackle bag on another occasion.

It takes a lickin, and keeps on tickin.

Energizer should hire me.