• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wisconsin Trout ?

Dragon Fish ll

Dragonfish2, what do you mean for the fly guy? Based on your post i am just guessing but you must have had an issue with the size of trout?? If this is the case i personally know of 3 24 inch plus browns that have been caught out of the rush this year. My largest brown taken to date was out of the Rush, 261/2 incher. No doubt that their are fewer large browns in the Rush than there were say 8 years ago but there are many still in there. There has been a increase in the number of smaller fish, partially because of what Renneberg mentioned earlier, but I think many other reasons have contributed to this. That 26 1/2 incher was taken on a black woolly bugger along with the 3 24s caught this year. I am a flyfisherman and i am in pursuit of large fish as much as the next guy. best of luck in the future....
smellz
I wrote this just guessing thats what you meant by but.....if not than please disregard

[This message has been edited by smellzalilfishee (edited 08-06-2003).]

smells not at all. thats not what I ment. Ever since Rennberg posted about this river last sept. Ive wanted to check it out. and finaly did, was not disapointed at all. there were trout everywhere. but I could not get one to bite to save my life. Sorry its taken so long to get back to you but to many 13+ hour work days.I spent satuday and sunday out there and had time to study the fish and thats why right now I know that where I was fly fishing with just the right size and color of fly would be the only way to get one. still a little tired more details later. and also I ran into one of those playfull water dogs in the first 5 minutes I got there.

Dragon Fish II, if I we're you I'd keep fishing those trout you found on the Rush. The Browns are hard to catch everywhere on the Rush.

Try fishing lighter line or try fluorocarbon line.

I'm headed over there tommorow with me brother-in-law. I'll report back on how we do.

------------------
"Study to be quite"

Sorry for the late reply. We caught about 20 trout each. None of much size, but we did watch several trout in the 18 inch class follow the lures out until they seen us.
Seen lots of nice trout eating bugs off the surface, but since I'm not very good at bug I.D.ing I couldn't tell you what they were. They looked like some kind of very small mayfly.

------------------
"Study to be quite"