• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Co-Pilot

muddpuppy

Ok so there are some threads about the copilot vs the pedal but nothing on how people handle the remote while in use.

With Spinning reels it's the cats MEOW for me but while casting with Baitcasters I just am not finding a good alternitive as the holders on the rod do not work for they are in the way. What do you guys do ? I have tried holding it in my hand wearing it around my neck but I am not comfortable and feel a loss of control when bring in the fish

We hang it around our neck, and like that.

My MK at the cabin doesn't have autopilot or co pilot, and I will NEVER get another troll motor that doesn't have both smile I really missed it hanging around my neck last weekend...

I have it tied to the rod with plastic ties.

It took some getting used to, but I forced myself.

I fish with a 7 year old, 4 year old and wife that doesn't touch anything but her rod and reel.

Needless to say, I can't always depend on being close to the pedal.

I wear it on my right wrist like a watch. Very seldom do I not use the co-pilot but when I'm using the pedal I always catch myself reaching for my wrist to control the boat. I use way too many rods to place it on any of them.

I wear it on my belt loop or if I am at the steering wheel I wrap it around the wheel. I have another question about the co-pilots responsiveness. I bought a used boat that came with the co-pilot. The boat is a 2000 so I imagine the co-pilot is right around the same. When I tap the button on the remote in an attempt to make a small directional change the trolling motor will not just move a small amount but usually will move 10-15 degrees to one direction and then I have to hit it back the other way. Sometimes when I hit it back the other way it will move a small amount like intended. Is this normal or do I have a defective unit? Can be very frustrating.

I wear it on my belt loop or if I am at the steering wheel I wrap it around the wheel. I have another question about the co-pilots responsiveness. I bought a used boat that came with the co-pilot. The boat is a 2000 so I imagine the co-pilot is right around the same. When I tap the button on the remote in an attempt to make a small directional change the trolling motor will not just move a small amount but usually will move 10-15 degrees to one direction and then I have to hit it back the other way. Sometimes when I hit it back the other way it will move a small amount like intended. Is this normal or do I have a defective unit? Can be very frustrating.

Sounds like you might have a bad battery or maybe a worn remote. Mine is new and is more responsive then the pedel I think.

We hang it around our neck, and like that.

My MK at the cabin doesn't have autopilot or co pilot, and I will NEVER get another troll motor that doesn't have both smile I really missed it hanging around my neck last weekend...

I put it around my neck, then when there is a fish on, you just drop it.

Originally Posted By: muskielaw

Sounds like you might have a bad battery or maybe a worn remote. Mine is new and is more responsive then the pedel I think.

How old are your trolling batteries. I found out the hard way, they do some waky things when batteries are old. Mine would turn too much, not turn at all, shut down on me. Put in new batteries and it works fine again.