• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Southwestern Minnesota

I will be in the Sioux falls area in the next week, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good trout streams in the southwestern minnesota area. I am looking to fly fish. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

There is slim pickin when it comes to trout fishing in SW MN but you can try the Redwood river in Camden State park near Marshall. That would probably be the closet and best possibility for trout. I have fished there once and its pretty but I didn't catch anything. I would try a beadhead nymphs and maybe a hopper in the late evening in the upper section of the park.

Please let me know if you get anything.

Good luck and tight lines!

Rob

Thanks for the info. If I give it a try, I'll let you know how I did.

Thanks again!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• corned beef is right up there but we are now getting into the season where the sales will start!!  love the ruebens too!!!  but it is one thing I never made from scratch, just store bought and cooked...  go for it bobber!!! 
    • Got drawn for the MN B season! Hope the weather cooperates.
    • Did you ever end up making corned beef Thunderlund? or anyone?The Mrs went up to cub yesterday so I had her pick up some c beef from the deli for Ruebens, holy moly they dont give that stuff away!!  I see most recipes call for brisket ( thinking maybe end up kind of stringy) but I do have several chuck roasts,  I'm thinking brining one and give it a whirl..If so how'd it turn out?
    • I use a lighter duty set on the front because they fit tighter and have better clearance. On the back I use  more aggressive v-bars. Sometimes one set isn’t enough and once I got stuck with both sets on. I’m pretty new to this too but for the most part they’ve worked  well for me. 
    • I've used these too. Do you add any meat or whole minnow? Hooked through the back or lip? 
    • Was up there a week ago. We stayed at the Walleye Retreat Lodge but did our own fishing rather than using their houses. First day we went out kind of N-NW of Morris Point into 27' of water. Didn't do too well. Just a couple saugers in the afternoon.    My nephew was up there with another bunch and went out using Adrian's Resort access and did quite well that same day. They gave us waypoints to their location so on day 2 we tried that. It was about 15 miles north in 33' of water. We did much better this day although most were still saugers in the 12" - 13" range. Got a few walleye in the 15" - 19" range and one 21" by your's truly.    Seemed our best success, especially for the walleyes, was dead sticking using a plain hook through the back of rainbows about a foot off the bottom. I talked to one of our neighboring fishermen and he had just landed a 27" walleye.
    • Like others have said, Impulse mayflies on a 3 or 4mm tungsten jig is my go-to for panfish. If you are targeting deeper crappies or big fish only give the Lindy frosted spoons a try, 1/16 works quite well tipped with a minnow head or waxies.
    • WOW!!!  I have read about the electronic reverse problems on DooTalk,,, I have the manual reverse and have not had any issues,,,, Bummer to hear about your engine issue ,,, Hope the dealer gets you up and back on the trails ,,, Who knows when we will get another winter like this again ,,, I do need to get some spare relays one of these days