• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for a used truck but weary.

Been looking around and doing research on trucks. Ford and chevy, no offence but no dodge.

I want is an 0ne ton extended cab with long box from 2000 to 2004 I figure is my price range. Hard to find!

Now the Chevy seems to be having problems with there trannies and transfer cases with the 6 liter motor. The motor options are limited to 6 liter or duramax or the big guy what ever that one was.

Love the to get the duramax but few on the market.

-

The Ford the 5.4 seems small for what I need it to do and the V10 just a waist of gas. and that 6 liter diesel nothing but problems. Again very few 7.3 diesels out on the market

-

Whats a guy to do, they get rid of the tried and true and now your taking a risk buying newer.

-

No wonder these manufacturers are having problems they cant make a dependable truck consistently anymore.

I would sincerely reconsider the Dodge brand,. The Cummins 5.9l is the most easy on fuel, powerful, and problem free engine on the market. I had all 3 brands and now I am at my 9th Dodge Cummins. I used to buy them at around 130,000/150,000 miles and bring them to 240,000/250,000 then sell them still with no major issues.

The last one (and current truck) had 85,000 miles, now 102,000, and it's the best truck I've ever had (2500 Megacab).

I hear you on the Cummins and I have looked into them. I drive an O9'with the Hemi and an 08 Dodge with the Cummins ounce in a while for work and they are an impressive truck. Its that I'm not used to driving a Dodge style its hard to explain but it hard for me to gauge distance from front fenders when getting into tight spaces.

I guess I cant rule them out especially with the problems the other makes are having.

Of course I'm comparing drive ability to apples to oranges. I am presently driving an 89 gmc 3/4 ton 2 wheel totally different than the newer ones on the market.

Thanks for your input Valve.

My ideal truck would be a 02-03 F350 with the 7.3L. The v10 in the Fords aren't a whole lot worse then the 5.4, and if you tow a lot, the v10 is actually better on millage then the 5.4l. I feel the 5.4 in the 250,350's are under powered.