• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Losing Plastics

kitchy

I have been using circle hooks and o rings on my Senkos. With a circle hook there is no need to set the hook therefore less tearing off. Just tighten the line and the hook will dig into the corner of the fishes mouth..

i have been doing that alot as well. running low on them tho. gotta go pick up some more soon. lol.

my favorite hooks for wacky rigging are Owner mosquito hooks,gamakatsu circle hooks and Gamakatsu finesse wide gaps.

alot of good tips posted already, but i have not seen this one yet so.. another good way to not loose so many plastics is to use VERY sharp hooks. stick a hook in your thumb nail, and pull it off. if you get a kinda tacky feeling when pulling it off. the hook is plenty sharp. when a fish bites, a quick flick of the wrist is all thats needed to set the hook.

This is a little off topic but Sled's picture reminded me of it. I caught a nice 18 inch bass on a wacky rigged senko this weekend, looked down its gullet and seen several strands of a silicone skirt sticking out, The bass must have swallowed an entire jig and seemed to be unharmed (at least he was still feeding).

Anyways back on topic, Sled it looks like the hook still impails the worm even with the oring. Am I seeing that correct or does the hook go in between the worm and oring?

You can also use split rings, I slide a #5 or something like that split ring onto the stick bait. Easier than trying to find orings, well for me anyway. I usually catch about 10 fish per worm, unless the bluegill are keying on em also, then all bets are off

As far as my opinion on real senkos vs. nockoffs, it varies by day. On those days that the bass are pretty much suicidal, anything works. There are definitely days when the senko outproduces, though, just because of the softer plastic. It gives it alot better action and the fish hold on just a little extra. I usually keep a couple of different ones in my box. For those days when they're really snapping I use the Gander Mountain nockoffs.

Well, I switched to Yum Dingers and started using the o-rings. I've been having real good luck with them. Not losing much at all. I think I will by a pack of Senkos and see if I can hold on them also. I'm using circle hooks also and am having good hook-ups. I think I only lost 1 out of about 14 yesterday.

since reading the shrink wrap idea posted a couple weeks back I have bough the shrink wrap and used it the last few trips. I have yet to lose a Comida after seting it up with the shrink wrap. Good idea and thanks!

I've found the Fat Sinkworms from Berkley to be fairly tough. I wacky rig them the same as the picture posted above except I use a Gamakatsu 2/0 wide gap hook. The worms last longer since I started using the O rings.

Has anyone tried the Bass Pro Shop line of senkos?