• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mauer Home Run Derby!!!

HossFisher

Wait... Mauer was in the Home Run Derby??? I could hardly tell by the few times they mentioned his name in that first round! I think he could have done a lot better with some good pitching, but it was cool to see him showing respect to his high school coach.

Pitching didn't look to bad to me, but Jim is my uncle so my opinion could be kinda one sided :-). He did say he was really nervous to go and pitch in front of thousands of people not counting people watching on t.v. Don't know if i could do it without throwing a few off pitches.. And he was stunned when Joe asked him to go out there with him and pitch for him. Joe is a awesome guy very respectable on and of the field.

Pitching didn't look to bad to me, but Jim is my uncle so my opinion could be kinda one sided :-). He did say he was really nervous to go and pitch in front of thousands of people not counting people watching on t.v. Don't know if i could do it without throwing a few off pitches.. And he was stunned when Joe asked him to go out there with him and pitch for him. Joe is a awesome guy very respectable on and of the field.

Your uncle did a great job, feel proud of him. I would have taken Bert Blyleven or Brad Radke to be my pitcher if I was Joe Mauer. Bert and Brad give up more homers than anybody in baseball including little league.

Originally Posted By: wahoohendoo
not bad,but that joe morgan i cant stand. listening to his one track mind drives me nuts!

Joe Morgan bugs you???? What about Chris Berman??? His routine got old in 1983.

I am bugged by just about everyone on ESPN. Sportcenter anchors are terrible, especially when they try to be comedians. FSN final score is the way to go, even though their anchors try to copy EPSN. Unfortunately we let ESPN get too big and now it's here to stay. Congrats to Princie, he was hitting some dingers.