• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Summer Archery Scouting!

I see you edited your inital post and added some smart butt comments? Nice!

Whole family vacation up to where we normally go in Canada, but thats not till next weekend. I'll be up for another hour, give me a shout if you see this. I dont want to call and wake the good people up that live there. Or call me when you wake up, I got nothing going on tomorrow, we may take a drive...

The things that I edited are all in order. I think you took your powers as a Mod to go into my post and mispelled some of my words confused

I am impecable with my grammar...why do you have to mess with a mans intelligence sleep

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulled the trail camera for the first round of pics this past Sunday. Only had 1 pic that showed evidence of deer in the area. Just the rear third of a big deer was all that I got. Time to move the cam and hope fo a better outcome..

Pulled my cam again today. I actually forgot it was out. Been out for 3 weeks. Had 108 pics on the card. 67 pics had deer on them and a shocking 42 of the deer pics were bucks. Lots of the same deer night after night but some interesting stuff. Got 2 picks of a couple of boys sparring. several pics of a buck bedding down in front of the cam on 3 different occasions. several 4 pointers, couple spikes and a couple of bruisers too.. My favorite pic is one of a good buck in the background and a doe right in front of the cam. The buck looks like he is postureing to her testing the air. his head is up with what looks like a curled upper lip and tail right flat on his back. little early for the foreplay but thats what it looks like. will post some pics with in the next couple days..

As promised here are a few pics from the trail camera.

most of the bucks on film are in this size range!

92709015.jpg

92709016.jpg

92709031.jpg

92709032.jpg

92709048.jpg.

Couple sparring.

92709038.jpg.

I will be lookin for this one. Not a lot of mass but good spread.

92709071.jpg.

This is my favorite. I know its early yet but he sure is sniffin for somethin..

92709093.jpg

I wouldn't shoot that buck...what are you going to do with the antlers...stir the Chilli cry

Shoot a Doe and let that little horney guy get bigger!!!

QDM...most of the problem with our deer herd is ITCHY release/trigger finger!!

That's why the state doles out DMP's.

Just kidding Callie...shoot at will, it's your land. Maybe during the rut, a Shooter will wander on your land, off someone elses foodplot crazy

Give me a shout if you want to put a pair of waders on and slam some waldos, or just shoot some archery. Have not talked to you in a while. Peace out Chicken Phat!!

I wouldn't shoot that buck...what are you going to do with the antlers...stir the Chilli cry

Shoot a Doe and let that little horney guy get bigger!!!

QDM...most of the problem with our deer herd is ITCHY release/trigger finger!!

That's why the state doles out DMP's.

Just kidding Callie...shoot at will, it's your land. Maybe during the rut, a Shooter will wander on your land, off someone elses foodplot crazy

Give me a shout if you want to put a pair of waders on and slam some waldos, or just shoot some archery. Have not talked to you in a while. Peace out Chicken Phat!!

Ive got your QDM right here pal!!! gringrin. Just so ya know we shoot an average of 4 does a year.. from our property..

Yes I am alive. Cant seem to get comfortable with the bow for some reason this year. Very inconsistant and just not having any luck with it. Took the time to set up a couple stands for filming my buddies while they hunt just incase I cant get the bugs worked out with the bow. Wont hunt with it if im not confident that I can make a good shot..

Yes I am alive. Cant seem to get comfortable with the bow for some reason this year. Very inconsistant and just not having any luck with it. Took the time to set up a couple stands for filming my buddies while they hunt just incase I cant get the bugs worked out with the bow. Wont hunt with it if im not confident that I can make a good shot..
I understand what you are saying Cali there is allot of people out there that think they are robin hood or danny boone.When I was hunting I shoot to KILL not shoot to wound that is one of the reasons I don't hunt anymore I got sick of finding dead deer!!!! it still [PoorWordUsage] me off today mad.

Calli - First, nice picts. I'll get some up later.

What seems to be the problem with your shooting? Is the bow in tune? After that it usually comes down to form - consistant grip and anchor point being big factors. Alot of people dont think about thier grip and hand form but that will wreak havoc with how ya shoot. Let us know, maybe we can help...

Tank and I put in a new stand yesterday. Should be a premo morning spot and anytime when the rut gets going...

DC, thanks for the assistance. Its feels like ive never held a bow before or its a left handed bow and Im right handed. It just isnt comfortable. I honestly think its just the fact that I can not consentrate crazy. Theres a lot going on here at home and i dont have the excitement that I usually do this time of year frown. Gonna gove it a whirl again today and see what happens. Will report back soon.

Callie...if you want to throw the little one in your truck and come up to my house and hit my targets and try a different atmosphere...come on up. Lily will take care of the little one while we pound out some arrows and get you back on track. Sounds like a simple fix.

Call me tomorrow, Bro!!!!

Thanks for the hike this afternoon Doug. Thats a great piece of property with some real good potential. The fall colors are so awsome. Took katie the long way home to let her see some deer and they did not dissapoint, she keeps askin when we can get her a pink gun with tinker bell on it so she can go huntin too!! After watchin the big 6 point up on the hill last night and seein all the deer tonight I got that naggin feelin in my belly that says its time to go KILL somethin.. I enjoyed the company and the shooting time with ya and will have to get you out goose hunting here in a week or so. We will get you a S* H* I* T pile of them so you can make some jerky like you had tonight!! Thanks again for the time and good luck to ya Sat morning..

Calli - First, nice picts. I'll get some up later.

What seems to be the problem with your shooting? Is the bow in tune? After that it usually comes down to form - consistant grip and anchor point being big factors. Alot of people dont think about thier grip and hand form but that will wreak havoc with how ya shoot. Let us know, maybe we can help...

Tank and I put in a new stand yesterday. Should be a premo morning spot and anytime when the rut gets going...

I figured out what the biggest problem was with the bow. A couple yrs ago I switched over to a different release with a longer shaft. Well for some odd reason the first 5-6 times I picked up the bow this year i was usin the old release which inturn threw off my 3 points of contact and my anchor. Once Momma mentioned to me that she thought i had used a different release I tryed the other one and VIOLA. FREAKIN ROOKIES...

I put up 2 of my receivers today...and spent about 4hrs slowly finishing up the pre hunt scout. I have 3 different stands to hunt, depending on the wind, out back. If the wind doesn't play in my favor...I have the 100 acres in Nelson/Erieville with 4 stands. laugh

Kirkville...if your out there...call me, bro! Good to see you the other night...Jake and Josh as well cool

The big 10 came out around 20 min. before dark and pranced about the field on his patterned travel route. This cold weather is definately getting them on the move. He was all full of Pi$$ and Vinegar whistle

Good luck all and let's see some harvest pics!!!

Did the long distance scoutin thing tonight from my dads kitchen windows. grin I think tonight is the first time ive been up there in the last 2 months that I didnt see 1 single deer. frown I think they know there time is up, At least for a select few of them!! whistle. Hopefully opening weekend of bow will go better than the opener of september goose season did for me.. Alarm clock will go off at 4am. And the games will commence right around 530 when I strap into the stand. You boys in the south hills should have a little of the white stuff on the ground for your walk in. Good luck to all ventureing out in the morning.