• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twins trade rumors

IFallsRon

You guy's seem to forget that Garza wanted NOTHING to do with the twin's anymore. He had given up on the team and was clashing with Gardy and Rick Anderson. He took a bat and destroied the clubhouse and Gardy's office. He was done here and forced the Twins hands to make them to get ride of him.

Unfortunately, we had to give up Bartlet to make the deal happen.

Yea, I agree it would be nice to have Bartlet back, but Garza would not be here, one way or another.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 more WS titles? Now thats optimistic. I'd say ZERO more but you guys know how down on the Twins I can get...! smile

We had 2 in the very few years he was here, and he left when- around 92 or 93? I think had he stayed 3 in 17-18 years wouldn't be asking too much. He was a great GM here.

He was a great GM agreed.

If we would have only had a Crystal Ball and known Bartlett was not going to be a .265 hitter and the worst fielding "MLB leading in errors" Shortstop in the league like he was for us... shoulda woulda coulda!

if I remember right, it seems like ortiz was injured all the time when he was with the twins. I thought back then that he had great potential but just couldn't stay healthy and on the field and have to think that played a big part in them shipping him. as weak as we've been in the dh position in years prior to last year and this year, who knows what might have been but he's definitely one of those "crystal ball" type players who came up big after he left the team.

anyhow, how's everybody feeling about the team right now? the starting pitching has just been ridiculously poor as of lately. hard to believe that at beginning of year, that was supposed to be one of our strong points. so now we are weak at starting pitching, middle relief, 2nd base, and left field (when delmon plays). As bad as the look right now, they still are right in the thick of things in the weak a.l. central and have a lot of games left versus a.l. central teams so have to think they will continue to contend for the division title as long as nobody else starts playing better (but if they get to the playoffs, they sure don't look like a team that will last more than one series.)

You guy's seem to forget that Garza wanted NOTHING to do with the twin's anymore. He had given up on the team and was clashing with Gardy and Rick Anderson. He took a bat and destroied the clubhouse and Gardy's office. He was done here and forced the Twins hands to make them to get ride of him.

Unfortunately, we had to give up Bartlet to make the deal happen.

Yea, I agree it would be nice to have Bartlet back, but Garza would not be here, one way or another.

It also took the Tampa Bay catcher almost decking him in the dugout between innings to make him effective down there, or he was one start from Tampa shipping him out also.