• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twins trade rumors

IFallsRon

It would be nice to see the Twins get an upgrade at a middle infield position. But, likely they will be content with hoping Casilla will step up and produce like he did last year. And that's fine with me, as long as he starts producing. Other than that I think their offense is fine. Defense has also been very good in the first half.

There starting pitching had the 2nd worst era in the AL in the first half. Baker and Liriano need to pick it up in the 2nd half. If Baker and Liriano were somewhat closer to where they were last season, the Twins may have been leading the division at the break and we wouldn't be talking about trades.

I think they will go get an arm in the bullpen to help Gurrier in the 8th.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought for sure we would have signed or traded for some of the players that the other Teams in the league have signed....Like......

Then again we're just an average Team/Franchise that has won 6 of 7 series with the lone loss to the Yankees and have had the best record in the division 5 of the last 7 years!

grin

....if he can play at his career avg. he's a cheaper version of sanchez and he will be an upgrade at 2b over others that have tried playing that position this year. let's hope for the best.

....we've been down this road before about the teams success the last few years. they have been exciting to watch but let's not forget what division they are playing in and their lack of success against the better teams in the AL plus their .286 winning percentage in playoff games since 2002. I think it's very safe to assume that if they were in the east they very well may have zero playoff appearances since 1991 and if they played in the west, who knows but it's doubtful they'd have as many playoff appearances as they've experienced since 2002.

...believe it or not, there are fans out there that would like more than just contending for a division title. call us greedy but we wouldn't mind a little success in those playoff games if they get there. I know playoff games can sometimes interfere with hunting and watching TJ light up the field in Vikes games but...

What about Adam Kennedy?? He is a Vet on a team going nowhere and has a good glove and good stick. I would think the Twins could get him for little to nothing. I like his approach at the plate and he has some speed - I just think he would be a good fit in the two hole. The only downside I see is he's a lefthanded hitter. When a lefty throws we could bat Harris in the two hole and Kennedy down in the order to break up all the lefties.

FI

ha i knew i'd get a reaction, my thoughts were to get rid of some of the under average players and pick up a more proven guy. we'd ahve a solid outfield, with better bats than we currently do.

this is besides the fact that we need middle infield, and a bullpen. keep matty and nathan, and maybe dickey and start over.

Well Holliday was traded to the Cardinals last night for there top hitting prospect and 2 other players. Although he wouldn't have filled a position of need in the field, I would have loved to see hit bat in the lineup.

Mauer and Morneau are not too pleased with the front office right now. They want some help brought in, but don't think it will happen.

From the Trib:

"Yeah, there's frustration," Mauer said, "but I've learned over the last few years not to try to get my hopes up that we'll have something, then get disappointed.''

"It's frustrating, very frustrating,'' Morneau said. "You hear about the future, the future. I don't know who gets to decide when that is or when they think that is...

I have to agree with Morneau. The front office has been talking about the future for the last 10+ years. The noise about giving up prospects is getting old.

Quote:
Mauer will be a twin forever, but not the Canadian.

we'll see about that...Mauer wants to win a World Series. Who doesn't??

Theres no parody in baseball the Twins have a snowballs chance of ever winning the world series with teams like the Yankees and Sox in the league

Cliff Lee just got traded for a bunch of minor leaguers -- You would think the Twins would have looked at that with the loss of Slowey.

I think I have said it on here before, but if I haven't, I will now- I think Cliff Lees 2008 was a fluke. He had spent most of his career being shipped to the minors up until last year, and I think the stars aligned just right that he had a great year. He has gotten smoked quite a few times this season.

Bill Smith said in the ST. Paul paper today, that the only excess we have are outfielders and catchers, and nobody is looking for those type players.

It was interesting in Shooters column that Gardy told his players, that if they wanted to be GMs, they could leave the game and take that position and see how easy it is to make trades.