• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Angling Downriggers

chunkytrout

Wondering if it would harm my BigJon gadabouts if I angle them out from the back of my boat instead of perpendicuar to the transom. I need a little more room back there with my kicker and all.

chunky\

Chunky,

How's it going??? Give Paul Rohwellar a call or post that one for him. He down rigs for troutski's! Head up to his forum! Otherwise I imagine someone will get back!

Jim W

Will do Jim and thanks. Not much up in the BW. Been rigging the boat and getting ready although I'm a little behind. Glad i didn't head into Basswood with the boys though. It's miserable up here.

chunky

I dont think running them off the back of the boat would be a problem as long as theres no saftey issues with people falling overboard trying to reset their riggings. If you have plenty of clearance with the prop in the turns and backing up so you dont wrap a cable and send the downrigger to the bottom. The best place for your downriggers is about in the middle of the boat if possible..Hope this helps. Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
N.P.A.A. 425
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie