• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskie fishing on Waconia

Hey there all, Im new to this site and really likin it, everyone is very respectfull and most are knowledgable.

My question is based for Lake Waconia, I was wondering if there is anyone out there that could give me a little direction on where to look for the elusive muskie? also what colors and popular type of lures i should toss (dont really like trolling, i think its kinda cheep and lazy mans way, no offence) and lastly time of day and phase of the moon? And any other info that you might be willing to offer.

Thanks all.

Cant help you here as I never fished Waconia... but hopefully that'll change sooner or later...

Can help you with an advice... Find a map of Waconia... study it... Any spots that jumps out at you, mark it, and fish it...

Another advice... go with the lures you are confident with... and fish hard, enjoy it!!!

I've seen most my fish off center reef but I guess a lot of guys/gals just do a lap fishing the shoreline.

Wish I could help more but I usually fish other waters. Not sure if its a correct impression or not, but I think waconia has fewer, but larger fish than other lakes

Zelmsdawg

Swanny there are fish literally everywhere on the lake. Of course there are the no brainer spots on the map, the reefs, the points, but the lake also has a healthy population of cabbage, I would start wherever I could find it especially near hard bottom or sand. Basically put it at Mase's or the public ramp and put the trolling motor on and start casting. That whole stretch has ample cabbage and fish. Have caught fish out there on bucktails, topwater, dawgs, jerbaits, crankbaits. Let us know your results. Good luck!