• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Big Pond

Anyone been out on the Big Pond yet this year? Going to head out there in a couple of weeks. Haven't been hearing much so far this year, but going to give it a shot and see if there are some fish that want to come out and play!

Brett - My father and I made it up there today with not a whole lot of action for the time we spent out there. One strike on the north end in the morning and one follow in the afternoon in wahkon. The weather didn't help much, sunny and flat calm in the morning and slight breeze later.

I did have a follow on a suick from a nice walleye and a loon that was circling us for 10 minutes. Must have been looking for handouts.

Nater - Thanks for the update!

Propster - Once again Operation Muskie was a great time had by all. Although the weather wasn't the greatest the first couple of days, the vets managed to catch a few fish and see a few more. Largest fish caught was a nice 49 incher by John Kriesel, while trolling with Doug Johnson. Some of you may know John from the news stories that ran on him. He lost both of his legs in Iraq, but doesn't let that stop him. In total, I think 21 muskies were boated, but even better than that, there were a lot of smiles and friendships made!

EagerBever what do you mean move outside of the local spots? and does anyone know what the reports are from some of the rock reefs/shelfs outside of wahkon or is it mainly weeds right now? and nater or anyone im only familiar with the south and vinland bay areas could anyone out there tell me bout the north end? how to fish it, where to fish it, and what i should be using?

thanks all really likd your posts