• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Steve McNair Killed

LMITOUT

I haven't chimed in yet about this. Though I am still not sure how i feel about all this either. I can remember how disappointed I was when the Vikings chose not to select "Air McNair". But am still wondering how this really played out. I feel bad for his family and children. So sad to lose a father at such a young age.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dunno....my first thoughts was why he would want to date that skank anyway....if your gonna go cheat on your wife and your famous with a bunch of money it better be with a supermodel type chick not a hood rat...she was obviously a lunatic.

she told her family and friends that mcnair was gonna get a divorce then they were gonna get married....i'm sure mcnair was trying to break it off and she couldn't take it.

or to leave all options open that would be crazy if one of the chicks old boyfriends or mcnairs wife set it up because they found out about the affair? and set the crime scene up just perfect to make it look like a murder/suicide....some CSI action lol.

It's sad to hear of McNairs untimely death. What some need to realize that he is human and for whatever reason he had to be with this woman when he is or was a married man. Many people have cheated on their spouses for many reasons Pro athletes, doctors, lawyers, movie stars, govenors, and a few presidents,along with many average joes. I dont think this warrants to be shot to death. Along with this brings into question why this gal he was found with killed him and then herself if this is the fact. that young gal also im sure has some family that has to cope with this sad event that has taken place. However, there will be no long drawn out trial that would more than likely eat up taxpayers money and give the tabloids and media to make a mochery of this terrible event. THIS WAS A TRAGEDY IN WHICH NO ONE WINS BUT MANY LOSE A GREAT DEAL. parents and grandparents should be role models to our children.

Very well said kaz!

Whether or not he was a great role model isn't the issue, love him or hate him doesn't matter, even if he was cheating on his wife, no one deserves to go out like this.

He did many good things for the communitys he played in and was one heck of a football player, he had some flaws in his personal life and that is obvious, but he was by no means a POS as you guys put it.

Wow I never knew we had such great saints on this HSOforum!!! Very Very sad news to hear that he died in this tragic way.

Have you ever had a role model that you can honestly say they never did anything wrong? Everyone has their faults and maybe Mcnair had some marital problems but in no way does he deserve to be ridiculed by people that are not aware of the full situation. Get a life and if you can't send your condolences then maybe you should keep your comments to yourself unless of course you are the perfect role model and have never made a mistake or bad decision in your life.

One thing you should teach your kids is nobody is perfect and that they should not have a role model but respect and enjoy certain aspects about an individual and try to incorporate that into their life......your kid should never have a single role model to look up to cause when that person fails or their negatives come out about them a kids world can be crushed!!!

Just remember until you have walked in a mans shoes there is no way to tell what or where he is coming from or has been through!!!!

The good book also says an eye for an eye and something about coveting thy neighbors wife, this guy was a married man who was doing illegal things with a girl half his age in a condo that he rented and in a car that he bought her. She was arrested a few days earlier for DUI with him in the car! Not the family man that everybody thought he was.

I did qualify my response in the very beginning with the word "if". I said if the reports pan out the way they are looking....

I can go along with Wade on this but "if" the reports are true you can count me in the catagory of "dismissed" and not "missed".

And yes I have done things wrong but I am fully accountable for each and every one of them. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time said Baretta!

Windy

What was he doing that was illegal?

Originally Posted By: Windy City Walleye Hunter
The good book also says an eye for an eye and something about coveting thy neighbors wife, this guy was a married man who was doing illegal things with a girl half his age in a condo that he rented and in a car that he bought her. She was arrested a few days earlier for DUI with him in the car! Not the family man that everybody thought he was.

Insert Michael Jordan and throw in the FACT that Michael Jordan was a "wife" BATTERER along with a womanizing cheater only confirms Windy's point that a lot of Athletes are POS... Michael just took it to whole nother level than most.

For the Record I don't beleive McNair was a POS but I do know MJ was/IS!

Carry On!

well said.

Originally Posted By: Windy City Walleye Hunter

I did qualify my response in the very beginning with the word "if". I said if the reports pan out the way they are looking....

I can go along with Wade on this but "if" the reports are true you can count me in the catagory of "dismissed" and not "missed".

And yes I have done things wrong but I am fully accountable for each and every one of them. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time said Baretta!

Windy

What was he doing that was illegal?

and if it was something illegal did it really carry the death penalty????

Wow I never knew we had such great saints on this HSOforum!!! Very Very sad news to hear that he died in this tragic way.

Have you ever had a role model that you can honestly say they never did anything wrong? Everyone has their faults and maybe Mcnair had some marital problems but in no way does he deserve to be ridiculed by people that are not aware of the full situation. Get a life and if you can't send your condolences then maybe you should keep your comments to yourself unless of course you are the perfect role model and have never made a mistake or bad decision in your life.

One thing you should teach your kids is nobody is perfect and that they should not have a role model but respect and enjoy certain aspects about an individual and try to incorporate that into their life......your kid should never have a single role model to look up to cause when that person fails or their negatives come out about them a kids world can be crushed!!!

Just remember until you have walked in a mans shoes there is no way to tell what or where he is coming from or has been through!!!!

Well said ozzie.

Many people of different ilks die everyday, but usually, only the "celebrities" are talked about here. May ALL the departed rest in peace, for this is the only thing that we all have in common.

I have to agree- just cheating on your spouse doesn't warrant being killed. If it did, there would be alot less men AND women wandering around this planet, and alot more parent-less kids. More times than not, one would be in the grave and the other would be in the pen.

Zepman,

You ask what was he doing that was illegal. Do you mean besides cheating on his wife (which is illegal, it is called alienation of affections) with a girl half his age which involved a condo he rented for such purposes on his wife and children (while not illegal, it is pretty scummy) and partying with her as they were pulled over several days earlier and she was ticketed for being high (which is illegal) and he was too but because of his "fame" and the fact that he was not driving the car was just put in a cab home.

I am not ready to mourn the lose of such a person, there are many more deserving people who lose their lives each and every day.

And Zamboni, as for your assertion that there would be a lot more people in the grave and others in the pen, my thought would be that this is not the worst scenario. You lay down with dogs and you get fleas. You play with fire and you will eventually get burned. I may sound harsh but this world would be a much better place if it were black and white and not so much gray!

And Ozzie, you want to know what I teach my children? Personal responsibility. As you sew, so shall you reap. Each person is given a life and that life takes many turns and you are responsible for each turn you choose. The easy road is not always the best road. This world would be a much better place if people started living the golden rule. Your character is a composite of the choices you make in your life. I guarantee that he would be alive and playing with his children today if he was at home with his wife and playing with his children and not out playing with another persons "child". As a child I spoke as a child I acted as a child I reasoned as a child. As an adult it is time to put away childish things. I will not mourn an adult who chose the wrong path because the wrong path is full of dangerous and bad things.

Last you will hear from me on this subject.

Sounds like Steve did a lot of good things for a number of communities.

From ESPN

Quote:
Generous, he frequently took part in charity work for both the Titans and later the Baltimore Ravens after a 2006 trade. McNair even helped load donated food, water and clothes onto tractor-trailers that he had arranged for Hurricane Katrina victims, and paid for three football camps for children himself this year.

R.I.P. Steve McNair.

Its just a sad world we live in when the likes of Micheal Jackson and Steve McNair get more media attention than the brave men and women of our armed forces, police and firefighters who are killed in the line of duty.

Maybe he was a good guy, maybe he wasn't. Only two people know his true intentions, him and god. He ain't talking and I doubt the good lord is gonna make any announcements about him any time soon.

You want to put him on a pedistal, then I will ask "What did he ever do for YOU?" There are thousands of military members and hundreds of police and firefighters who are putting their A$$ on the line for you every day.

Its just a sad world we live in when the likes of Micheal Jackson and Steve McNair get more media attention than the brave men and women of our armed forces, police and firefighters who are killed in the line of duty.

Maybe he was a good guy, maybe he wasn't. Only two people know his true intentions, him and god. He ain't talking and I doubt the good lord is gonna make any announcements about him any time soon.

You want to put him on a pedistal, then I will ask "What did he ever do for YOU?" There are thousands of military members and hundreds of police and firefighters who are putting their A$$ on the line for you every day.

I totally agree, but we know that are New president the enlightened one will never show anything like that.

This has nothing to do with our military and police and firefighters...yes they are great and they do get mourned when they die maybe not by the masses but that is because we did not grow up living vicariously thru their careers.........and I am sure there are military and police and firefighter that cheat on their wives............nobody is perfect and I am sure we have all had problems and conflicts of intrest in our lives but I don't think what he did deserved to end his life and he shouldn't be berated by people that have no clue on the real situation.......enough said!!!

Quote:

I've got family and friends that are MARINES and Soldiers over in the wars right now, and I've have always been thankful for them "putting their A$$" on the line for me daily.

This thread is about Steve McNair and my opinion is he was a good guy. If you or others feel differently, so be it.

Huh? What does "our" new president have to do with this?

WOW I didn't proof read the thing. Not a political thread just merely saying that Obama doesn't want it to look like we are doing the right thing over there. I too am a vet of this war and can only thank all the guys and girls that are still there fighting for some that don't want us there and for some that know that we need to be there.

At this point I am going to stop reading this thread as I have very strong feeling on this topic.

Steve was a great leader on the field and really truly don't care what he was off the field as I didn't know him off the field

murder/suicide....the hood rat was worried about bills and paying money...she also thought air mcnair had another young chick on the side...she even followed the girl home...jealousy and freakin out got mcnair shot in his sleep.....LAME

Yeah, it sounds like she had some real problems going on there. He should have seen signs of this awhile back and ran like he had Jared Allen on his tail...still a very sad story. Another one gone way, way too soon. R.I.P.

affAIR McNair.....It sounds like the truth is coming out about this dirt bag and is exactly why athletes shouldn't be idolized. Well, all of them except #4 from Kiln, Mississippi!! grin

Everyone wants to blame the "stressed out girlfriend", but who was the one that couldn't keep his pants on in any one place for very long when he had a family at home? Not saying he deserved what he got, but he wasn't the saint everyone wants to make him out to be.