• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lost & found

uffdapete

At the risk of opening a can of worms or maybe more accurately flies -

On a winter trout fishing trip in SE MN this year I found an assortment of flies and would like to find the rightful owner. I'm not interested in providing my email address so please reply here with a very detailed description of what was lost, the stream on which you lost it and the approximate location on the stream and when you lost it. I do have a credible lead that so far I'm unable to follow up, so I do know a few things about the owner.

In anticipation of lots of replies I will reserve the right to not answer posts that don't provide the correct information regarding this particular find.

Rick - if you have a better way of doing this please edit, delete or whatever you need to do and let me know.

ATTA BOY Uffda! grin.gif

You could have easily thought, hmmm, what a find!
But, your personal integrity, and honesty within prevailed. YOU ARE DA MAN! grin.gif

(doesn't it make you feel all warm and cozy inside?) grin.gif

"LUND-MAN"

------------------
"Leave NO Trace"

Actually at first I did think "what a find" just because I couldn't imagine being able to find the owner. Lesson here - put some ID on your valuables.

It's a long story how the owner was actually found and it did take a little effort on my part, but more than that, I have to really attribute this to the hand of God.

I left a tackle box - yea the whole thing - at a boat landing in Ontario once and didn't get that back and that left a mark!! This was likely somebody's "whole tackle box" - there were 388 flies in this box - a friend counted them!

Lesson learned - I will do everything I can to find whoever lost whatever from now on.

YO UFFDA...

YOU SIR, ARE the "Class-Act" that MAKES this site.. AND ACTUALLY the WORLD, a BETTER PLACE! smile.gif

grin.gif You can fish in my boat ANYTIME! grin.gif

"LUND-MAN"

------------------
"Leave NO Trace"

If you had found individual flies strung throughout the trees along various rivers down there, I'd say they were mine.

Truly a stand up thing you are doing. I'd like to think I'd do the same thing. I do hope you find the owner.

When I was about 6 or 7 years old I had received an Umco 2 sided metal tackle box from my parents for Christmas. I still own it to this day. But while we were camping I left it on the dock and walked back to the camp site. When I couldn't find it later my parents re-traced my steps with me and we found it on the dock. Sad thing was that it was empty. I've lost single lures that cost more than the contents of the box and never felt a thing. Whenever I see the box I always think about leaving it there.

Excellent Job uffda smile.gif!
Do onto others as you would have done to you! Losing valuables is no fun, & I think we have all been there at some time, and trust me, honesty pays!

Its nice to know some people will watch your back.

A friend of mine this last weekend got wet and left his vest on shore to dry. He came back later and it was gone. This happened east of Lanesboro near Whalan somewhere....He was bummin!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

You got THAT right Dark30!

There's NOT many of US left either! grin.gif

Sorry to see your bud lost so much. It IS too bad these things do not get returned to their rightful owners for sure!

I am thinking the person that HAS this vest should be feeling awfully guilty if they plan to keep it and wear it!! Kinda best to have eyes in the back of their heads to see the owner comin to kick his butt with if they DO have guts enuf to wear it!!!

Maybe it will show for him yet(?)

"LUND-MAN"

------------------
"Leave NO Trace"