• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shimano Curado 200B versus Citica 200D - Which One??

PTocko

First off - I have several Curado 200B's that have served me very well. I need a couple of more reels and I am really torn. I see on e**y you can find Curado 200B's that go for around $80. Then I see Citica D's that go for around $50 and I'm wondering if I should go that route - newer reel, way less dollars. It seems that the Citica's have many of the same features (actually more) than my old B's. Also let me add, I do not like the new E's in either model - they are TOO small for my hands. I like a larger reel and am actually looking at some round reels as the low profiles are getting almost too low profile for my liking - this is just my opinion. I do love my Curado's and am leaning that way (over the Citicas) but maybe someone can chime in and really tell me if they are worth it. Opinions welcome but facts are worth a 1000 opinions. Thanks, Paul.

I could be wrong, but I think the grade bearing is better in the curado. There is nothing wrong with the Citica's but I am a bigger fan of the curado as well. HOwever, I have 3 of the new E's and love them. I have very large hands and thought I wasnt going to like them either. But am in LOVE with them.

Deitz - I figured you'd already be fishing this morning shocked but you were just the person I had hoped would chime in. I'm leaning more to the curado B's. I do appreciate what you're saying about liking the E's - eventually I'll probably get there (when they have Curado L's or something). For now I'm inclined to stick with what I know works and feels good even if it isn't the latest. Thanks for your input and have a happy 4th of July - God Bless the USA!!!!

LOL, I tend to not go fishing on these weekends. I get to play on the lake all week when I have them to myself. No need to help clutter the lakes on holiday weekends.

I looked into this more, and actually I think your almost getting the better reel with the Citica D. I think the Citica will have SF and the older 200B curado will not. the Citica D will also have the HEG gears. The only thing going for the older Curado B is that those things were stinking bullet proof, which is why people are still getting $80 for them, they also had a cult like following. I had quite a few over the years, and still have one left that I have not sold off.

I hear ya about the lakes being nuts - I live on Prior and it is amature hour out there right now. You're kind of seeing my "dilema" - the Citica seems like it is pretty close to the B model Curados. The only real concern I have with the Citica is the way the HEG gears kind of drop below the rod. The way I palm my reel this kind of gets in the way, not a deal breaker, just something that feels different and will have to get used to. The only other major difference I can see is the Curado's were made in Japan, the Citica's are made in malaysia - not sure how big a deal this is but it is a difference. I'm just really torn - as I said, I'll probably go with the Curado only because they have been so good to me in the past. Oh well, decisions, decisions. Thanks for the input, ciao! Paul