• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

crestliner paint

fasternu

I know this was discussed on here before, but when I did a search, I couldn't find it. Anyway, I have a black/tan crestliner that has a few rock chips in the paint. Somebody was saying they went to an auto parts store and got one of those little bottles of touch-up paint. I was wondering if anyone had any experience in which black paint would closest match Crestliner's. Thanks in advance.

I use the same paint on my boat and motor. Mercury black spray paint. For the touch up stuff on the boat I spray some in the cap of bottle and let it thicken up a little and then use a small paintbrush (my kids school art brush) to cover up the rock chips. Seems to match just fine.

I just want a tiny bit, not the quart size per the Crestliner HSOforum. Somebody earlier this spring posted about which automotive paint matched his boat. I couldn't remember which car was the same. He said he got one of the little tubes like at Walmart or Kmart.

I just want a tiny bit, not the quart size per the Crestliner HSOforum. Somebody earlier this spring posted about which automotive paint matched his boat. I couldn't remember which car was the same. He said he got one of the little tubes like at Walmart or Kmart.

Here ya go. I think I may try this on my Crestliner as well.

Boat paint repair