• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stereotypes of us bass guys....

french_lake_kid

I hope I'm not repeating anybody, but I thought this would be fun, I'm sure well hear plenty from the Catfish guys too, but lets try it, the ones I thought of are my signature, what other ones are there? Keep'em funny and clean, hope nobody takes too much affence. Go for it! wink

Thumbs as rough as 80 grit sandpaper, at least for the successful bassers!

Big motors mounted on pieces of plywood wink

More logos on their shirt than a NASCAR driver smile

I throw these lines at a good friend of mine who is a die hard bass guy over cocktails during our BWCA trips:

Bass guys are not smart enough to figure out the walleyes.

There are pills you can take that can cure that attention deficit disorder that causes the need to randomly cast something at every overhanging tree limb.

Green carp, brown carp.. they are both easy to catch.

Bass... the NASCAR of fishing

I actually like to fish for bass evry once in a while. Heckling bass guys is more fun however.

I throw these lines at a good friend of mine who is a die hard bass guy over cocktails during our BWCA trips:

Bass guys are not smart enough to figure out the walleyes.

There are pills you can take that can cure that attention deficit disorder that causes the need to randomly cast something at every overhanging tree limb.

Green carp, brown carp.. they are both easy to catch.

Bass... the NASCAR of fishing

I actually like to fish for bass evry once in a while. Heckling bass guys is more fun however.

Yeah and it takes alot of smarts to drop a jig on the bottom and wait doesn't it?? Or better yet, lets throw some crankbaits on and troll around.

you might just be a bass fisherman if...

1) you have a power worm dangling from your rear view mirror because you think it makes a good air freshener.

grin

2) your $50,000 bass boat's trailer needs new tires so you just "borrow" the ones off your house ... cool

ok one more... you don't need to beg. grin

i'll try write it in good bass fisherman language as best i can so you could understood it nice, k? laugh

Boudreaux been fish'n down by de bayou all day and he done run outa night crawlers. he be bout reddy to leave when he seen a snake wif a big frog in his mouf.

he knowed dat dem big bass fish like dem frogs,so he decided to steal dat froggie. dat snake, he be a cotton mouf water moccasin, so he had to be real careful or he'd git bit. he snuk up behin' dat snake and grabbed him roun de haid. dat ole snake din't lak dat one bit.

he squirmed and wrap hisself roun' Boudreaux's arm try'n to git hisself free. but Boudreaux, him had a real good grip on his haid, yeh.

well, Boudreaux pried his mouf open and got de frog and puts it in his bait can. now, Boudreaux knows dat he cain't let go dat snake or he's gonna bite him good, but he had a plan. he reach into de back pocket of his bib over-hauls and pulls out a pint a moonshine likker. he pour some drops into de snake's mouf. well, dat snake's eyeballs roll back in his haid and his body go limp. wit dat, Boudreaux toss dat snake into de bayou. den he goes back to fishin'.

a while later Boudreaux dun feel sumpin' tappin' on his barefoot toe. he slowly look down and dare wuz dat water moccasin - wif two more frogs!

courtesy of another.

this one is old.. basss for those who cant catch walleye and dont care what their fish taste like.. the only reason i go for bass is to fill the frien pan! ummmm SON with that fleet farm batter.. otherwise id say there is nothing to bass fishin besided fore arms to randomly cast into the weeds.. my trophy catfish just ate your trophy bass..

really why do you chase after these american carp?? i mean you hardly ever bring home any bacon, spend $100 on everyfish, need new sinkos cuz the firts 2 mm of it are missing, sit on your modified skuishy stump all day stumped cuz you cant figure out what to throw so you make another run to the tackle shop.. i could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on ..... and on

dude lake tom. I fish for anything that bites my lure. I agree with you though. some people think that if they want to bass fish they need a 21 foot bass boat or a huge deep v to walleye fish. they do help though. I'm loving these. especially the big hook set one. i do that on every fish. i can be fishin sunnies with a 5 foot ultralite and i set the hook like im driving a hook into concrete. i dont get that bass is the nascar of fishing. please explain. keep em comin its makin my day.

No offense taken Champion. Its all in good fun. I have no problem catching many accidental bass while fishing for walleyes. They have saved many a trip when the smarter walleyes are not biting.

I'll be thinking of you the next time I reel in a 28 inch wet sock.

you might be a bass man if...

you trade your wife's van for a smaller vehicle so your bass boat will fit in the garage.

you call your boat sweetheart and your wife from the lake.

you have a photo of your 10 lb. bass on your desk at work instead of your family

grin

you might be a bass man if...

you call your boat sweetheart and your wife from the lake.

you have a photo of your 10 lb. bass on your desk at work instead of your family

grin

Or you don't have a wife smile

Quote:
Or you don't have a wife

lol, that's an option. it's mine anyways laugh

this could sum it up for bass men but it really applies to most fishermen/hunters...

a reporter approached the Chief of a Native American Tribe and asked if he preferred the old ways or the new White Mans. The Chief gave him a ''Hmph'' and answered... '' the old ways were when women did most of the work, fixing the house, tending crops, cleaning. and the man? he hunted and fished every day with no complaints.... what do you think? Hmph, only a White Man would think he could improve that system.'' grin