• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gabby to the Rangers

fishing tech

Gaborik signs with Rangers Wednesday, 07.01.2009 / 8:29 PM / 2009 NHL Offseason News NHL.comFree-agent forward Marian Gaborik has agreed to a five-year contract with the New York Rangers. TSN reports that the Slovakian forward will earn $7.5 million per year.

Yeah but ESPN is reporting that the often injured Martin Havlat may sign with the Wild. He played 81 games last year but only averaged 36 games/season the previous three years. Sound familiar?

Based on who is left I'd try and sign Saku Koivu cheap and then move on. Hope for some high picks the next year.

Good riddance to him...no loyalty for the team that was faithful to him... Too bad we didnt trade him away when we could have... We got Mikko Koivu... whos ready to spread his wings and take over... Lets see how big of a splash the Wild will make in the free-agent market...

Gabby gone for less money than we offered him....Good Riddens, kinda like alot of sports players, Million dollar abilities, 10 cent brains....

Dude get over the power trip and play a GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Millions would love to be in your position..

Guess you cannot blame the players, if owners would get together and say to idiots like this you are a cancer and we are paying you the Mininum until you get over yourself, this will never stop.

Sorry

Mark

Yeah but ESPN is reporting that the often injured Martin Havlat may sign with the Wild. He played 81 games last year but only averaged 36 games/season the previous three years. Sound familiar?

Signed with Wild. 6 years $30mil.

Signed with Wild. 6 years $30mil.

UGGHHHHH!!!! I don't like this move at all.

The guy has talent when he plays but the key word is WHEN! He has had 3 shoulder surgeries already. Havlat is just a little cheaper version of Gabby.

Based on who was left I wish the Wild would have given some good front end loaded long term deals to their remaining good players (Koivu, Burns, etc.) and then try and reload next year through the draft and free agency. I hope Richards can find scoring in the current roster.

I'm with PierBridge- Gaborik is going to light it up under a coach that will let him float and coast around until someone gets the puck to him. Natural scoring ability like that is tough to find, but the Wild will fill the hole.

Hope Havlat turns out well. I was hoping for maybe a couple other names on day one for us, but wait and see. Obvious Gabby did not want to be here since his yearly average salary is less than what we offered him. Gonna have to find out when the Rangers are in town to welcome him back, unless he is on the DL again.

Hope we get Koivu's brother

should make for an interesting season.. who knows what a new manager can bring to their game. I will hope for the best and have some above average expectations.. cuz Im not sold on this decision.

Im not sold on Havlat; he's as soft as Gaborik when it comes to playing nicked up. Funny how he(Havlat) found a way to play the entire season last year seeing it was a "contract" year for him. He's got talent, but can he stay on the ice.

I will miss his speed and his grace.. there is no doubt that when he was on the ice, we were a contending team regardless of who we were playing. Gaborik is and will be one of the greats.. no matter where he goes or plays.

But his lack of loyalty to the team and his desire for $$$$ has caused me to not shed much of a tear over seeing him go. let alone his "injuries" every other second..

Should make for a very interesting year.

I'd actually say we are in a little better shape, we didn't have Gaborik for most of the year so as long as Havlat can stay healthy we should be ok. I do agree we need another forward to boost the scoring. I also feel our defence will be a little more solid in our own end. If Burns can turn things around they should be ok on the offensive side of things too.

Havalt will be a good addition, but what else do we have? An aging brunette, and Nolan, and Koivu is solid, but whatelse do we have? If Richards whats a high tempo offense, we need more high tempo offense of players. Hopefully they can make some more moves