• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

south fork root

troutman72

spent a day on the south fork just below weisel. did ok got about thirty fish most under 10 but three above 12. using a spinner. great day to be out.

hows everyone been doing this year?

CPR (catch photo release)

I've been out several times this year, and now with the water temps coming up the fishing will just get better. That area of the south fork is really beautiful, were all your fish browners?

no they were mixed matched caught all four kinds brookie, brown, tiger, and bows. mostly browns though. just 2 tiger there seems to be getting more of them by the years. very nice looking fish brown with worm tracks.

CPR (catch photo release)

Yup, this has to be one of my favorite streams, shear beauty!!! However, it has really taken a hit over the last few years, gaining in popularity. So I don't get on her as much.

Thanks for the repo!!

Don;t forget Trout DAy april 26th!

Jim W

I just heard that there was 42,000 gallons of raw sewage that spilt into the root river, please tell me that this is not true. the root river is one of my best trout fishin' streams in the state.

It's no good where ever it gets dumped. However, it was dumped into the North Branch of the Root River, mostly smallmouth fishing, not the South Branch, mostly Trout fishing.
Granted the waters eventually connect, but I highly doubt it would travel back upstream.

So you shouldn;t have much to woorry about.
Unless that is, it seeps underground a ways and finds a way into one of the feeding caves/underground springs!?

Keep the rods bendin'!!!

Jim W