• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LeadCore

chunkytrout

My Okuma is spooled up with this stuff and it's color coded every ten yards but since I'm moving to down riggers and planer boards should I move to something else for line? Whatta you guys use for d-riggers and what for planer rigs. The stuff I have on there is 60lbs test.

hey chunky!
For downrigging and big planners I would unspool the leadcore. You will be using the riggers to get "down" on the pond. And if you want to get a stickbait down a little off the planners you can put a bead-chain sinker on it.
When my neighbor did alot of fishing on superior he had all his planer and rigging rods spooled with 12# Trilene XT. He also used to use a rubber band to attach line to the planner releases instead of putting the line directly between the release clip (a #10 or 12 band i think).
Since i dont have riggers what i may experiment this year with is a couple of the larger dipsey divers. Luhr jensons HSOforum says i should be able to get down to @50/60' with them, and i was planning on running them off of some powerpro so i suspect i could get a bit deeper. Probably not deep enough for lakers in summer but we used to get most of our salmon in that depth range in july (he used to run sliders/spoons off his rigger lines for salmon)
Hope you guys are getting the boat all rigged up, we'll have to meet up when the ice clears.
Xplorer