• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Brr!! Long Johns on 30 June

SteveD

Cool, breezy, cloudy and dark on the St Croix last night. The water temp was 82 degrees last Friday and a cool 69 last night. I was glad I put on my long johns before I left home.

I had hooks in the water at 1904 and had a fish in the boat at 1911. I had this jumbo bullhead that wanted out of the bait bucket in the worst way so I obliged him as my first offering of the night. That 3 oz No-Roll must have almost hit that flathead on the head when it settled to the bottom. He was on that bully pretty quick. I boated a small 30" flathead and got my bullhead back with him. The bullie was still full of fight so out he went again but nothing else for the rest of the night.

I quit fighting the wind as the 9th inning started and decided to call it a night. Twins beat KC 2-1 but it was kind of a boring game. Better weather on the way so I'll be out again tonight.

Wasn’t quite as chilly down in the river valley over here. Sweatshirt weather for sure though. We had water temp of 73 and couldn’t keep the 30” fish off our line.

At one point John had caught another 30”er and found a way to tangle it in my line. As I was holding my line in my hand trying to untangle it I can feel the line pumping and I was like, “uh John, can you hurry it up there, I’d like to catch this fish” laugh

Probably had the most action all year last night. It was fun.