• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pierson/Wasserman Lake Carver Co?

So last Sunday after getting blown off of Waconia I tried Pierson Lake just to the southeast. It's listed as a tiger lake and I see the DNR has done some stocking, but was wondering if anyone has actually got anything out of there, and what type of size structure exists in the lake. We got one pretty nice pike at 35" and smaller one but still fairly thick. However there were no follows by the tigers. I'm just wondering if this would be a good lake to hop over to when Waconia gets windy. Or what about Wasserman that is nearby as well.

Thanks

Tom

Pierson and wass are two of the lakes proposed going forward that the DNR is going to drop from the tiger program. so fishe em now

theres actually another Tiger lake just west of Waconia near Young America...'EAGLE",,this one too will be dropped but has fish now,,its intresting in its content very dark water,floating bogs the landing can be slippery from the algae.

I've fished the lake for bass and will occasionally see a tiger sitting up shallow but tigers and I have never gotten along well...

Its too bad they're discontinuing the stocking on these smaller lakes. They might not have the great fishing as other lakes but it's nice to have a lake to yourself when you swing by after getting a headache on tonka

Zelmsdawg

when is the last year they stocked peirson. Ive gotten some dandys oughta there, the thought of loosing that lake makes me sick.

Go to the Brainerd Muskies, Inc HSOforum and you'll find stocking info for the entire state dating back to 1998. Just google "Brainerd muskies" and you'll find the HSOforum.

Aaron

who can i contact to protest such changes? this is a step towards the elimination of tiger muskie stocking all together. They want everything to become pure strain. Isnt there like a tiger chapter to muskies inc or something?

Yes i know the muskie stocking effort has become so great i never thought id see the day. muskie fishing seems to be thriving, but theres all this talk of moving away from hybrid stocking to pure strain. Id like to see the outmost hybird stocking possible, I spouse the dnr has reasons for not wanting to stock certian lakes though, kind of a supply and demand thing. tigers may not thrive in certain lakes but ill do what i can to see the continuation of tiger muskie stocking in every lake possible. They stock hybirds heavily thus far and for good reason but with budget cuts reaching an all time high it a give and take proposal moving foward.

The DNR came and talked to our MI chapter about the proposed changes to the tiger fisherie a couple months back

I dont have my handout that they passed out but I will get another copy from my friend I will also have the contact person for tiger info

the plan is to go down to 9 lakes managed for tigers which would be less then the current total "However" those 9 would be more heavily stocked I can only remember 6 right now

Gervais chain

Johanna

Clear

Cedar in Shakopee

Elmo

Nokomis

and I think Bryant and or Hyland

Calhoun chain will be switched over to purestain.

some of the tiger lakes to be dropped the dnr is finding really havent produced the quality size fish or are not being fished enough.

"personally myself" the Idea of 9 lakes with heavier stocking 'action lakes' seems cool to me..